candyapple
problem configuring modules with new Xoops install
  • 2006/8/27 16:04

• candyapple

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/24

Hello, I'm trying to set up a XOOPS site on a shared server host provider. I wonder if the below noted are related to permissions or something other, Does anyone know how to remedy these issues? I keep getting the same error when attempting to configure certain moduals like XDirectory, XHelp, XT-Conteudo, Smart Partners & Clients. Thank you all for your last round of assistance.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ca.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/smartpartner/xoops_version.php line 253
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/smartclient/xoops_version.php line 254
Notice: Use of undefined constant E_STRICT - assumed 'E_STRICT' in file /class/logger_render.php line 58

Xoops 2.0.14
Linux
Kernel version
2.6.17.6hg
Machine Type
i686
Apache version
1.3.37 (Unix)
PERL version
Path to PERL
/usr/bin/perl
Path to sendmail
/usr/sbin/sendmail
Installed Perl Modules
PHP version
MySQL version
4.1.21-standard
cPanel Build
10.8.2-RELEASE 119
Theme
cPanel X v2.5.0

jensclas
Re: constant E_STRICT - assumed 'E_STRICT' in file /class/logger_render.php line 58

The notices are not directly rlated to permissions but to php code notices and as such if you turn php debug off they will go away. Here are some things to consider:

Were there any warnings or errors in your PHP debug? These are able to clue us in on what might be going wrong.

Do you always get the server error or only sometimes?

Can you upgrade to 2.0.15 - that might sort out the problem?

Search for similar issues on each of the modules...or wait and see if someone familiar with these modules turns up.

Your subject header may not get the right attention...might be better to post prblem configuring these moudles: a, b, c etc.

HTH

Login

Who's Online

403 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 403

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits