milita
problem with change of server
  • 2006/8/24 19:15

• milita

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/27

I've changed of served and i've did all the steps that thsi link says: https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=85

My site works good: http://www.acne-web.com. The problem is the administrator panel, if i want do any change i can't do it because i don´t have for example in one case the botton to continue or the page don´t work.

I don´t know if update wrong sometime or that.

Thanks

jensclas
Re: problem with change of server

Hi milita

We need you to try and be more specific with what you are asking. If English is not your native language you can try a 'local support' site linked on the left that may use your native language.

Ok...you have successfully moved your site to a new server and have managed to do

Quote:
Restore to a different site:
You can upload your file structure to the new site with an FTP application. Note the path of the new server will be different than the previous site. You will have to know the physical path as well as the virtual path (URL)...Now you will have to edit your "mainfile.php" and change the path according to the new site URL and physical path.
Restore your SQL database
In the new site you will need to have access to your mySQL via the "PHPMyAdmin" application again.

Upload the database by opening the "Run SQL query" window. Select the "database backup" zip file and run the query. The database will be created on the new site.
Now you have to create the same MySQL database user as in the old site and give the correct access rights to the user.

Ans, this all seems to be working but when you go to your sites admin there are things missing?

What things? You say

Quote:
i don´t have for example in one case the botton to continue or the page don´t work.

This is where we need more specific information from you.
First of all what XOOPS are you using?
What are your other versions? (php. MySQL etc)
What modules are installed and working well in admin?
What modules are installed but not working well in admin? What happens?

Have you checked the FAQ's? (especially on blank pages)

Once you are specific about this we may be able to assist you.

Login

Who's Online

443 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 443

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits