sirber
Cannot login with Firefox, but workd under IE6
  • 2006/8/17 22:10

• sirber

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/17

When I try to login with firefox, it says "welcome sirber" then it takes be back to home page but unlogged.
Logs fine under Internet Explorer. I'm using the latest version. Any idea?

steyrboy
Re: Cannot login with Firefox, but workd under IE6
  • 2006/8/25 21:21

• steyrboy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/25

I had this problem once, make sure you accept all cookies. That fixed my prob.

macsite2006

I didnt try with others except Internet Explorer which work before. I have been using XOOPS for a couple of year now and had never experience this problem.

I cannot login as admin or user. After I login as Admin it says :

"Thank you for login in Macsite" but it will go back to the same page without login to my website. Now I am not able to do anything.

Can anyone tell me which file or what code need to be modify. If cookies, where or which file I need to fix and how to? Thanks

wizanda
  • 2006/10/2 7:14

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Very Strange being the otherway around as I don't use IE for that same reason of doing my head in, yet cookies are in firefox far easier to clean cache and any old passwords and usernames you no longer use far easier then IE....

IE in windows you clear from the internet explorer options in your controlpannel..often IE can store a picture you have changed and in fact your own cache on your pc makes the picture seem, as if it is not uploaded sometimes though it is there....

Firefox has a clear private data, which will clear your cache, just check both of them are clean and it isn't your PC if other users don't have the same problem?

I have had to loggin twice when SSL connection was on in my XOOPS prefrences also with firefox to get logged in...

Just looking for solutions....

jensclas

We need more information:
Please help us help you: have you done this?
Before posting please do a search in the XOOPS top right "Search" box using appropriate "keywords" and find out if the subject has been dealt with before. Also look through the FAQ’s, especially if you're unsure what search words to use.

I couldn’t find any related issues by searching what next?

Turn on debug:
To switch on debug, go to system admin-->preferences and then general settings. You will see a "Debug mode" field. Choose "PHP Debug". Then go to the page that has problems and copy and paste any error messages under php-debug messages in the template below.
When posting any debug messages please 'wrap' the message like this: Use the word 'code' in square brackrets [] and at the end put /code in square brackets.
Debug message here

Give information about your site
Copy the following template into your post and fill-in as much information as possible. The more information you give, the more likely you will receive a quick and effective reply to your post.

XOOPS Version:
Module Name/Version:
PHP Version:
MySQL Version:
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other):
Operating System:
Theme you are using:
Custom template: (Yes/No)
PHP Debug Messages:
MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages:
A full description of the issue:

macsite2006

Thank you guys for all the information. I am repeating here the problem.

1) I am not able to login. It says "Thank you for login, MyName" and take me back to home page without login

Now I cannot debug or do anything. I tried out change http_referer but not change take place. I tried of with Firefox but nothting happen its all the same problem. I am sure it not with my system problem but with the website but didnt know where and how to fix.

XOOPS Version: v 1.16 2005/06/26
Module Name/Version: index.php,v 1.8 2003/03/23 23:03:58 okazu Exp
PHP Version: 5.1.4
MySQL Version: ?
Web Server Software(Apache/IIS/Other): Server API=CGI/Apache
Operating System: Linux
Theme you are using: 7dana-soft <https://xoops.org/modules/library/visit.php?cid=1&lid=9>
Custom template: (Yes/No) = Yes
PHP Debug Messages:
MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages:
A full description of the issue:

I am not able to login. I have been using for 2 years now and suddently this problem arise which I doesnt know. I try out with different internet but none work.

Thank you.

jensclas

Do you really mean XOOPS Version: v 1.16 2005/06/26
and php PHP Version: 5.1.4

or 2.0.15 = 2006?

Have you tried to login in with :

In your browser enter your site's home page URL, then user.php immediately after this.http://yoursite.com/user.php This should load your login page where you can now enter your details. If you still have a blank page agfter login, enter your site's URL again followed by admin.phphttp://yoursite.com/admin.php

There are more FAQ links

here

A search on firefox login has also brough up suggestions like these:
Quote:
Hopefully third time lucky...

I'm not sure if this is the problem but XOOPS does loose loging information if you change your URL.

You can see that in xoops.org itself. type www.xoops.org into your address bar then login into xoops. Now type in xoops.org into your address bar then you are suddenly logged out again.

Xoops uses cookies to store login information. Cookies are linked to a website's URL. xoops.org is not the same as www.xoops.org at least for the cookie manager.

This is the only situation I can think if where you are experiencing the same problem.

When you first go to your website do you go via www.onmorie.com or just onmorie.com when you login?

Try loging out, type www.onmorie.com/htdocs into your address bar then log back in.

If this doesn't work then it could be a corrupt sessions table maybe? Or your tmp directory in PHP is not set? Or PHP does not have permissions to write to the tmp folder?

Anybody else have any suggestions as otherwise I'm stumped.

Good luck.
here

More possible solutions
here
here

of course i am assuming you are accepting cookies in fiefox...

let us know if any of this does or doesn't help.

Oh...and if you can login with IE are there any messages at all in your debug?

And have you previously installed the autologin hack - that came up as casuing some problems while I was searching.

macsite2006

Hallo jensclas,

Yes my XOOPS Version is: v 1.16 2005/06/26 and my PHP Version for my server is : 5.1.4 ( Am I wrong?) I am using only IE but will try out with firefox other place. I'll try session and get you back. Thank for all help though problem not yet resolve.

macsite2006

My website is working now. Thanks everybody for your help and special thanks to jensclas

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits