jeorem
MainPage is Blank once I type the URL
  • 2006/8/15 7:47

• jeorem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/25

Hi...

Hope somebody can help me with this 2 problems...

Problem Number 1:
I have successfully configured XOOPS on an intranet based web host. The site can be viewed publicly but the problem is that if I need to view the site, I still need to type in the domain name with the trailing index.php

Problem Number 2:
Our net ad told me that Apache HTTPD Conf File needs to be configured which I did. I add the the index.php in the Apache HTTPD Conf file. I didn't encounter any problem if I try to access the module folder. I am only having problem once I access the home link, nothing changes. I mean everytime I click the home link it wouldn't go back to the root file.

Hope somebody can help me with this...

Thanks a lot!!!

jensclas
Re: MainPage is Blank once I type the URL

Have you checked the FAQ's on troubleshooting - especially the one on blank pages?

msdana
  • 2006/8/15 20:58

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Also, check to see if you have index.html, default.html, or home.html in your root directory. Some (most) servers read the HTML files before PHP files if they have the same filename. You can either delete or rename the HTML file and the index.php should load first.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Will_H
  • 2006/8/16 3:36

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Try this.

open .htaccess

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule 
^$ index.php?

save.

Then everytime someone goes to yourdomain.com, it will force them to yourdomain.com/index.php

Login

Who's Online

106 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 106

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits