xavhmn
Re: Holy Grail CSS Wireframe Theme
  • 2006/8/16 20:39

• xavhmn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/16

The topic east can be valid w3c, but XOOPS 2.0.14 is not it with for the notifications.
<input type="checkbox" id="not_list[]" name="not_list[1][status]" value........

The characters [ ] are not valid in this place.

technigrafa
Re: Holy Grail CSS Wireframe Theme

@xavhmn: Are you saying that the default XOOPS notifications template is not valid? That may very well be the case. All I did was add the extra code to make notifications hidable. I did not rewrite every single XOOPS template..only a very few, and not to necessarily make them validate...although that would be a goal eventually, but probably more so to get the original templates in XOOPS to validate, rather than the "replacement" templates in this theme, as XOOPS progresses, some of these templates may become no longer compatible due to new features or other changes. So along that logic, I don't know how smart it would be to try to include replacement templates for every XOOPS page and every 3rd party module out there. More than likely, I will try to rewrite several though, particularly system templates and some of the more popular modules.

Or are you referring to one of these posted themes in general? As far as I can tell, the themes posted here are W3C compliant - The entirety of XOOPS is not, as far as I know, but I'm sure that is a goal to reach for.

There is one exception - the "Skidoo" theme will have one invalidation if you do not have all three columns turned on. That is because the CSS is being redefined outside of the head tag to accomodate the new widths with a column missing. As far as I know there is no other way to do this and validate - but if someone else knows a way, please enlighten me! Maybe I can put that code in the head...who knows...

Thanks for the help testing!

javelin
CSS Wireframe Theme
  • 2006/8/17 0:20

• javelin

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/11

Tried the css100 theme on one of my more heavily content laden 2.0.14 sites.

In mozilla the right column went to the left and the center content dropped below this.

In opera I got the same result as above.

In IE the left and right column were fine but the center content dropped below the bottom level of the bottom of the left column.
I might not be very clever but I can lift heavy weights!

technigrafa
Re: CSS Wireframe Theme

Thanks javelin,

Can you show me your example? Or tell me what modules you are using and if it happens on all modules?

javelin
  • 2006/8/17 9:15

• javelin

• Not too shy to talk

There are quite a few modules,

Multimenu 1.82
Cbb 3.04
News 1.44
Pical .87
Smartsection 2.1
WF-Downloads 3.1
memberlist 1
AMS 2.41
Online history 1
Shoutbox 3.2
My-iframe 1.4
Polls 1.1
myalbum 2.87
xmline 2

Bop comments 0.71 & Whats new 2.1 deactivated

Screenshots,
My default (modified xtnrplastic by Xoopstuner)

CSS100 in ie

CSS100 in mozilla

snow77
  • 2006/8/17 9:23

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

css100 will most probably stay as it is for now. I need to go more slowly on this and learn more, not only on how to take more advantage of css, but on how to integrate this with XOOPS functionality so they both work in harmony.

css100 is just a preliminary draft of my learning process in reaching a point of having a more, ( I don't know how to call it ), let's say CSS-XHTML aesthetic/artistical approach to what could a "pattern" of a XOOPS theme could be. In this case I am not talking about a high definition graphic appearance with a worked up psd when I refer to a XOOPS theme. It's more exactly a 'pattern' or 'basic layout' that can be used by many people, the foundations of the theme, from which the graphical appearance can be built on; size, color, images, content positioning would depend on the end user. css100 is not this yet.

So the goal is (under my perspective):

- To always strive for a "CSS-XHTML aesthetic/artistical approach"
- To work in harmony with the future of XOOPS (v2.3 now)
- To reach a final a stage of the pattern, so it can serve as base for every XOOPS user.

* An improvement of the existing main module templates is something on the list too.

(for all of the above is the reason way I take zeta reticuli so much as learning base)

...and further on ...to be able to have several patterns to chose from using the "Configurable center blocks zones" that leo talks about in zeta.

- I am not in favor of hacks, add-ons, or any other strange extra code that can make the pattern frágil and make it somehow break easily during the process. Would prefer to stick to the basics first.

That's how I vision all this and what I am working on and give so many thanks to everyone who's giving in their positive comments and collaborative support giving suggestions and criticism... but I do encourage, specially those that have suggestions, or have your own very personal opinion, to please give an explanation of your thoughts, as to not fall into misunderstandings and be able to focus mainly in the constructivism of what we can be.

For the wiser ones, your knowledge is welcome as this is just the beginning, and from where I am, I am just in a learning phase.

- I am already taking note of everyone's suggestions to see which can be applied on the way.

[edit]-how something 'apparently so complicated' turns out to be something as simple as a grocery list - Foucault's Pendulum
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

javelin
  • 2006/8/18 10:33

• javelin

• Not too shy to talk

The "fixed" theme works well with all my modules.

However due to the rigid nature of the theme I would have to change a signicant number of site images to stop column overlap.

Do I understand correctly that to make this theme Fluid is not straight forward?

However I seem to remember that the demo is fluid?

technigrafa

Good! Yeah, to make it fluid, I will need to make several changes. If you are not using any center column blocks, probably just changing the style:

#pageWrapper
{
border: solid 1px #000;
border-width: 1px;
width: 780px;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}

to:

#pageWrapper
{
border: solid 1px #000;
border-width: 0 1px;
min-width: 40em;
width: auto;
}

Would do it. Getting the center blocks to line up well when at full-width is a differnt problem. I will try to work on developing that fixed Skidoo theme into a full-width theme when I get the chance.

However, it may be a good idea to change some of your image widths anyway, if it requires more than 800 pixels to show it properly, because a screen resolution of 800 x 600 is still very common. That is why fixed width designs usually hover around 800 pixels - to be compatible with the least common denominator.

Chappy
  • 2006/8/19 8:17

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Just doing some testing myself. Here's what I found on css100 with the fixes noted previously:

IE & FF - banner ads don't show

IE - the right column overlaps the center column as can be seen in the pic below:

Resized Image

FF - Looks good except that the highlighting of the footer is only partial. In IE the highlighting of the footer is great. Here's a pic:

Resized Image

I hope that this helps.

I'm so excited about this great work you folks are doing. I will test as I can.
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

Chappy
  • 2006/8/19 8:39

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

On the fixed theme I had the following experiences:

Banner is present in both IE and FF.

In FF, it all looks great.

In IE, all of the content in the left blocks is shifted physically below the level of the bottom of the center column, though, of course, it is still in the left column.

I hope that this is clear.

Thanks,

Mike D.
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits