eddie123
Xoops won´t allow new users on the Internet to register
  • 2006/8/4 1:00

• eddie123

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/17

Everything worked fine on the install. When I register on my lan it works fine however when an internet user comes in to register it says "unable to register new user".

I am running PHP, iis 5.0 and windows 2000 with MySQL and have not had this problem before.. any ideas? I have checked the user preference settings and everything is checked allowing new users to register.

Why would it allow me to register locally and not over the internet?

HELP!!!

Eddie

[size=x-small][Edit by Bender] Subject lowercsed. Please don´t shout at us.[/size]

jensclas
RE: Xoops won´t allow new users on the Internet to register

Check the FAQ's on firewalls, cookies and antivirus software like nortons.

eddie123
RE: Xoops won´t allow new users on the Internet to register
  • 2006/8/5 2:36

• eddie123

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/17

Thanks for the info however the support info you mentioned doesnt help.. Let me try to detail it a little more.. I am running windows2000 professional and IIS 5.0 with PHP 5.1.4 and MySQL 4.1 and XOOPS release 2.0.14.

Every module works fine and on my intranet I can register new users and it sends an email to an external mail server and deliveres the login key just fine.

Now when a user on the internet comes in they fill out the registration page and submit the form and the error " unable to register new users" is dispayed and the user cannot register.

I have a firewall and the ports are open for the web server and it serves up all the modules just fine however it will not let anyone on the internet register only those that are inside the network.

Are there any other ports for registration that need to be open for this to work or are there any limits to running XOOPS on a windows 2000 professional OS with IIS installed.

The windows 2000 professional has limits on IIS such as only one web site.

Are there permission settings needed somewhere for the registration piece I may have missed or a setting in the PHP.ini file that I missed..

I am really stumped here. I know it is not a firewall issue as I have set the server address as the DMZ and there are no ports being closed..

Any ideas?

Eddie

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits