Stitch19
Xoops theme editor/maker?
  • 2006/7/28 1:19

• Stitch19

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/18

Hi,
i am totaly 0 at php/html
I am thinking to get pre made XOOPS theme for my upcomming site (which i did in the past).
But would like to aks u if there is any kind of simple program where i can edit the styles without php knowladge?

Bassman
Re: Xoops theme editor/maker?
  • 2006/7/28 2:28

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

You don't need PHP knowledge to create/edit themes. Themes consist of 1 or more HTML files, a CSS file, and images (and maybe javascript files).
However there is no simple program to edit the theme files. You'll need some HTML/CSS knowledge. The HTML will handle the layout of the page, placement of images etc. All colors, table widths, font types and sizes should be set in the CSS file. (or should be!)

Stitch19
  • 2006/7/28 8:12

• Stitch19

• Just popping in

Quote:

Bassman wrote:
You don't need PHP knowledge to create/edit themes. Themes consist of 1 or more HTML files, a CSS file, and images (and maybe javascript files).
However there is no simple program to edit the theme files. You'll need some HTML/CSS knowledge. The HTML will handle the layout of the page, placement of images etc. All colors, table widths, font types and sizes should be set in the CSS file. (or should be!)

oki, ty, anyway HTLM isnt any hard, my problem as i see it now was that i didnt knew about CSS file cosisted things like colours/sizes etc.
thx a lot!

Chris03
  • 2006/7/28 8:49

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Programs like Dreamweaver do the CSS \ HTML for you.
KickassAMD

martyboy
  • 2006/7/28 9:43

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

I made my first theme, the xdef theme, a few weeks ago, granted its not the best theme but i was chuffed with what i had learned in making themes.

The way i learned the CSS was with basically looking at other themes CSS files, i also had alocal test site open in xampp, then i just edited the CSS and refreshed the test site to see what changed and I learned what most of the CSS things where for in relation to the theme eg. even and odd classes, etc.

A good place to goto to kearn abit about CSS is the w3schools site http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

Stitch19
  • 2006/7/28 14:10

• Stitch19

• Just popping in

Quote:

martyboy wrote:

A good place to goto to kearn abit about CSS is the w3schools site http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

i just checked it and its great thing to start learning. with it and some easy html editing i am sure theme creations wont s=be so hard thx to u guys

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits