twolf
Many upgrades, 2.0.7 -> 2.0.14 With questions.
  • 2006/7/7 17:07

• twolf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/7 1

Xoops has powered my site for years, and I've always had very little problems. I started off with 2.0.6 and upgraded to 2.0.7 as soon as that was out.

For the longest time I never upgraded further until last night. I applied all patches in this order:

2.0.7 -> 2.0.9.2
2.0.9.2 -> 2.0.10
2.0.10 -> 2.0.12a
2.0.12a -> 2.0.13
2.0.13 -> 2.0.13.1, then 2.0.13.2

I wanted to go with the latest because the above had gone so smoothly. I downloaded 2.0.14 and replaced the files accordingly, CHMOD'd mainfile.php to 777, uploaded the upgrade folder and ran it.

It completed just fine, but keep in mind I forgot to do the following steps:

# Delete the following folders and files:

* class/smarty/core
* class/smarty/plugins/resource.db.php

# Empty the templates_c folder (except index.html)

My question is, should I redo 2.0.14 because of that? I don't want to ruin my site as it is quite large but I did make full back ups of the files and DB.

The only issue with 2.0.14 is post previews show HTML code, and when I tried to use the old text sanitizer file, all pages went white.

Also, the site runs CBB 1.16 and I can't for the life of me get any other version running. (3.04 for example) I'll upload the files, update the module but PDF, News, Mail are missing. Also, there are no admin commands in the forum and posts are missing in the admin section.

Can anyone shed any light? Thanks a lot.

jensclas
Re: Many upgrades, 2.0.7 -> 2.0.14 With questions.

Hmmm...without being specific here are some places to look that 'may' help:

In the comments on the news release for 2.0.14, at source forge bug reports on 2.0.14 and 'search' oninstallation 2.0.14' and see what you come up with.

Use the search on 'installation cbb3' and you may find the thread that helps you with that problem too.

HTH

leostotch
  • 2006/7/7 22:56

• leostotch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/1 1

Quote:
It completed just fine, but keep in mind I forgot to do the following steps:
# Delete the following folders and files:
* class/smarty/core
* class/smarty/plugins/resource.db.php

My question is, should I redo 2.0.14 because of that?

No, you can even let them if you want to... The point is that 2.0.14 contains a more recent version of the Smarty template engine, and that the Smarty devs decided to rename the "core" folder to "internals".
So, at this point you must have:
- the old (unused) Smarty files in class/smarty/core
- the new Smarty files in class/smarty/internals

So, you could keep the old files, but it's more clean to delete them.
And it's same for resource.db.php: XOOPS devs moved XOOPS-specific plugins to a "xoops_plugins" folder.

And for the prviewing: I looks like it's a known issue. David said that using the 2.0.13.2 should do it (maybe not the 2.0.7 one tho). If I remember correctly, there a link to the correct file in the 2.0.14 news comments.

twolf
  • 2006/7/8 16:13

• twolf

• Just popping in

Thanks for the replies, I am aware of "how" to upgrade, just get little misc. issues. I really don't know php enough to get CBB3 going here. Our forum has about 35k posts so I think I'll just stick with 1.16. I got the wysiswyg editors working and all.

@leostotch - thanks for letting me know that info, I would have attempted to reapply 2.0.14 if that would even be possible.

I was trying to use 2.0.7's text santitizer file... oops. 2.0.13.2's is working great right now so thanks for that as well.

One of the best things about these upgrades is how much FASTER the site runs... everyone loves that. Pages seem to just fly up now. I originally made the install of XOOPS 2.0.x in April 2004 and before that, used XOOPS 1. None of those compare to the speed of 2.0.14.

I do have one more question if I may.

This seems to happen quite often, my users will get a pink box saying they've exceeded their session time and must resubmit their post. I have custom session on set for 30 minutes. I've gotten that message several times when posting JUST after login.

Anyway to surpress that?

thanks again

davidl2
  • 2006/7/8 23:52

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Quote:

leostotch wrote:
And for the prviewing: I looks like it's a known issue. David said that using the 2.0.13.2 should do it (maybe not the 2.0.7 one tho). If I remember correctly, there a link to the correct file in the 2.0.14 news comments.

There is indeed Leo

Thanks for mentioning this - here's the relevent comment here and link to the download here

twolf
  • 2006/7/9 5:37

• twolf

• Just popping in

Thanks... CBB 3.04 is installed and working well. Still, I can't get this from showing up every other time I post.

Had this same issue with CBB 1.16 after 2.0.14 upgrade.

"Invalid submission. You could have exceeded session time. Please re-submit or make a backup of your post and login to resubmit if necessary."

I've looked around here and there is no solution? No, I'm not using Auto-login... just trying to submit posts.

twolf
  • 2006/7/12 16:27

• twolf

• Just popping in

Quote:
"Invalid submission. You could have exceeded session time. Please re-submit or make a backup of your post and login to resubmit if necessary."

Well, I've done a bunch of reading here and so far this is unresolved but only seems to happen when using Koivi editor so I'll probably abandon that for Tiny... if I can figure out how to get CBB 3.04 to see it... got it working in the News module just fine.

Curious if the others with the above problem were using Koivi... it really has nothing to do (at least in my case) with the Login hack.

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits