Vincentb
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (64 bits)
  • 2006/7/4 12:17

• Vincentb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/22

All,
I have installed XOOPS on a standard linux - Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (64 bits). The installation process went ok and was easy. Unfortunately, I experience many problems. For instance, I can not create a new user. Each time I push on the 'create new user' button, my Firefox crashes ... It also crashed when I try to use other functionalities. basically, I can just access the home page ...

What is strange is that I installed the same version of XOOPS on a standard Fedora 4.0 and there everything is perfect.

Have you experienced similar problem? Is Ubuntu known as being unstable with this Xoops? Or do I use too recent version of PHP, Firefox or MySql?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Vincent

maxpt
Re: Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (64 bits)
  • 2006/7/4 12:43

• maxpt

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/4 1

the probleam aren't with xoops, the probleam are with the port of ubuntu to 64bits of this 64bits packaged ex (php(64bits) MySQL (64bits) and apache (64bits)) try to update your ubuntu 6.06, with the last updates.

See the config..
Marco Sousa
https://www.gaap.dev

Vincentb
  • 2006/7/4 13:08

• Vincentb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/22

Maxpt,

My Ubuntu 6.06 lts is up-to-date with the last version of php, mysql, apache and firefox.

Would you then mean that I should install the previous 64 bits version of Ubuntu or a less 'modern' and more 'stable' Linux distro such as Centos (if available for 64 bits)?

More generally speaking, which 64 bits distro would you suggest to support Xoops?

Does someone here succeeded in running XOOPS on Ubuntu 6.06? If so, it would be nice you to post here what you had to do to make this possible...

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Vincent

bluenova

Ubuntu is really a desktop o/s (which I use at home) although it could be used to run a webserver, but I would strongly recommend the 32bit version if using Ubuntu. A better o/s for a webserver would be CentOS.

Login

Who's Online

138 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 138

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits