sunrisetk
Need help! Module for tables, lists, reviews, rating, and rankings
  • 2006/6/26 8:15

• sunrisetk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/16

Hi,

I had enough of Joomla, now wanting to switch to Xoops. From what I play around in it so far, it is great.
But I do have few things I want to ask before starting to develop my site.

I have developed a small Japan Travel site, with reviews, comments, lists, maps, and so forth, as you see here:

maujudi.com

So I want make a similar page using Xoops. I know that XOOPS is capable of this, but here are my questions;

1. How do I or what modules, extensions do I use to make a review site with stars or numbers?

2. Is there a way to make a dynamic table, to list acording to name, price, location, and or area that you can click on to sort according to decending or acsending order? What module or extension do I use?

This is the link I am trying to fix:
table list

3. How is the google map implementation? are there any examples using XOOPS and Google map?

4. Is there a module or extension to implement Flickr photo gallery?

I hope someone here can help me to point in the right direction.

Regards.Mod note: Topic moved to a more appropriate forum

jensclas
Re: Need help! Module for tables, lists, reviews, rating, and rankings

Welcome to xoops!

Quote:
From what I play around in it so far, it is great.

I am not real sure given your questions just how much research or playing around you have done...However here are some good places to find answers to some of your questions:

Can I see a demo FAQ Check out the module testing link.

There are loads more good FAQ's in this section here for when you are starting out.

Then there are some important things to learn about modules and the various quirks that go with them so I recomend this FAQ which explores ways of selecting XOOPS modules for use.

As for your questions:

Quote:
1. How do I or what modules, extensions do I use to make a review site with stars or numbers?

2. Is there a way to make a dynamic table, to list acording to name, price, location, and or area that you can click on to sort according to decending or acsending order? What module or extension do I use?

I am sorry I can't be specific because I am not familiar with a module that might do either. There are so many it comes down to trial and error, slecting a module suited to your version of xoops, learning to adapt and modify, and to how much you already know and understand. I strongly recomen you try a local host installation for your own playground to see what will work for you.

Hopefully, by moving your post here you will now have the attention of mod developers and hopefully they can point you in a specific direction.

Login

Who's Online

416 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 416

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits