pessi
mainfile.php permission
  • 2006/5/31 20:27

• pessi

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/16

Dear All

I did a fresh install of XOOPS on a windows server and everything went well. I deleted the install folder and then changed the file permissions of mainfile.php to read only using the plesk control panel.

I still see

"mainfile.php is writeable by the server. " message in the admin. I am new to plesk but still i am confident I changed ir properly. Is there a way I can check that it has been done!

thanks in advance,
prasad-

jensclas
Re: mainfile.php permission

Hi Pessi - did you 'refresh' when you checked?
It's been a long time since i have used plesk...but there are other ways of viewing the folders/files and the settings - what do you see if you take a look with your ftp program?

pessi
  • 2006/5/31 23:01

• pessi

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/16

yes i refreshed it.

when I used wsftp (right click props) I see everything blank. and i read that wsftp can only be used to change permissions on a linux server.

cheers
prasa.d.

msdana
  • 2006/5/31 23:22

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

prasad,

I am on a Windows server also, and the only way I can truly get my mainfile.php read-only is to notify my web host so they can manually right-click the file and apply the Read-Only attribute.

I can change other file permissions without any problem in my control panel, but not any FTP programs. Windows servers don't use CMOD and don't recognize the command.

It's a pain, but that's the only thing that truly gives it a read-only attribute that I've found.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Quest
  • 2006/6/1 2:07

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I remembered seeing something in the F.A.Q.s on this and the link is below. I don't know if it will work for sure on a windows server but me tinks it might.

Good directions and seems simple enough to create, upload and call the file. Let us know how it goes.

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=585

Quest

curt0
  • 2006/11/19 3:51

• curt0

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/16

I got my hoster to manually go into Windows, right-click on mainfile.php, click on Properties and set to read-only, but I still get the same error. I tried what Quest suggested, but it doesn't work.

Does anybody have any suggestions how to get by this error?

jakijem
  • 2006/12/3 19:17

• jakijem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/3

I had the same error in a Linux server. I tried the proposed solution in that FAQs and It WORKS!

Login

Who's Online

120 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 120

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits