martyboy
Major xcgal problem - blank page when batch adding pics
  • 2006/5/28 14:58

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hello,

today i noticed a this problem with xcgal which i never had before, i keep getting a blank page when i try to batch add pictures, some of the thumbnails also dont show in the searchnew.php(after i click on the directory to be added).

I turned on php debug and all i get is these error messages

Quote:
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 491
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 491
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 239

There is more messages listed but I dont think there anything to do with the problem as i see them all the time when i turn debug mode on, there is no messages relating to xcgal itself, MySQL debug also turns up nothing.

I am using xcgal rc1.1 I have tried reuploading all the files and updating, still nothing, I tried updating to 2.02 version still the same blank page when batch adding, so I went back to rc1.1, I tried removing the security patch which i had installed recently(security060523) but still the same blank page. I also emptied templates_c but still nothing.

The user side of the module works fine as does the other admin sections.

Now heres where i need a bit of expert help, i logged into my WHM and it looks like my host(surpass hosting) may have changed or upgraded something but i am not really sure what or if it would affect xcgal batch uploading, these are messages i recieved in WHM:

Quote:
Important Notice: Incompatible versions of MySQL 4.0.x and NPTL based systems.
If you are running a newer linux system which is NPTL based (CentOS 4, Fedora 3+, RHE 4, etc) and are having problems with MySQL 4.0.x (versions later then 4.0.23*), we recommend upgrading to MySQL 4.1.x as we have determined that there are compatibility issues on these platforms. You can easily upgrade to 4.1.x by changing the MySQL Version in Tweak Settings
If you are worried about compatibility with MySQL 4.0, be sure to check the box labeled: Use old style (4.0) passwords with mySQL 4.1. in Tweak Settings.
If you are unsure if your system is NPTL based, run getconf GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION at the command line and see if it displays NPTL.
* 4.0.23 does not have any known issues, but is subject to security vulnerabilities:http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2006-1516,http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2006-1517

I have put in a ticket to surapss support about this also but no reply yet, the gallery is an integral part of my site so i am really hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

Xoops Version:2.0.13.2
PHP Version:4.4.1
MySql Version:4.1.18-standard

I can also post a link to my phpinfo.php if thats needed.

Thanks for any help, I am desperate on this one.

Martyboy.
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

martyboy
Re: Major xcgal problem - blank page when batch adding pics
  • 2006/5/28 17:16

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

This problem has now been fixed. How? I have no idea it just seems to have magically fixed itself. If my host has done anything to fix it I'll post here incase anyone else has a similar prob in the future.

Cheers.

Xoops = King Of CMS

javier
  • 2006/7/19 22:30

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/8/6 1

I have the same problem, i not find a solution yet :(

martyboy
  • 2006/7/19 22:45

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

Hey, my problem started to come back again but I found a solution, sort of. When you upload a folder of pics for batch loading make sure there is less than 15 in the folder, any more than fifteen and xcgal has problems, red crosses on some of the images, etc and when you try to batch load you get a blank page, seems to work fine with 15 or less pics in a directory.

I am not sure why this is because xcgal used to batch load pics fine with more than 50 in a directory, the only thing I can think of is my host changed the server config somewhere and its causing this problem, I dont know the exact cause though.

Xoops = King Of CMS

mcleines
  • 2006/7/20 7:17

• mcleines

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/7

Is the protector modul installed?

The batch upload reloads the upload script for every picture and so the protector recognizes these reloads as DoS attack.

A solution could be to set the number of reloads higher (e.g. 30).

snow77
  • 2006/7/20 7:31

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

thanks I will not blame server overload next time
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

martyboy
  • 2006/7/24 10:47

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

Thanks for the info I will give it a try,

Cheers

Xoops = King Of CMS

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits