Carlito
xoops-2.0.14-rc1 could not be found
  • 2006/5/27 22:31

• Carlito

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/12

Hi! I use the Newbb2.02 forum on my site. and when I tried to make a new category i just got this masage (xoops-2.0.14-rc1 could not be found. Please check tha name and try again.) What can this be?

tom
Re: xoops-2.0.14-rc1 could not be found
  • 2006/5/27 23:37

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Please make all potential bug reports to the following link:

Xoops Source Forge - Click Here To Report Potential Bugs.

This enables Skalp and others, to asses the potential bug quicker, whilst allowing you to track potential solutions.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

Carlito
  • 2006/5/28 20:27

• Carlito

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/12

They dont answer what i can do

jensclas

Hi Carlito - removed your newer post as we don't need doubles here.

Xoops 2.0.14 RC1 is a release candidate of XOOPS which means it has been tested but is likely to have possible bugs.

Quote:
This is a release candidate, which means it is released for testing purposes only! Why a release candidate within the 2.0.x release series? Because 2.0.14 has some new features that should be tested thoroughly before being released as final. This is common practice with all new features being released. DO NOT USE THIS RELEASE TO UPGRADE YOUR LIVE PRODUCTION WEBSITE WITHOUT THINKING HARD ABOUT THIS! MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR SITE BEFORE UPGRADING AND TESTING!

Your problem should be reported and dealt with at source forge as Tom has suggested. Posting a new thread here on any forum won't necessarily find you an answer because the new version is new, lots of us have not tried it yet. You also need to go back to where you downloaded it from and note that as an RC1 version it is not recomended for live sites - the reason - so it can be further tested to find the bugs first.

So...In a nutshell...use sourceforge to follow up this problem you have and be patient.

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits