kerryhyden
Selecting Template
  • 2006/5/26 17:09

• kerryhyden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/26

I am on the gen pref of the admin page, i have selected the template i want to use, after i select it and apply changes nothing changes on the page.

So i go to the file manager to see where the file i uploaded is, and I can find it. I did the upload through the admn page system pref>templates

Where would the files be going

jensclas
Re: Selecting Template

Hi

I think you need to do just a little more thinking about things here - when you select from admin you are selecting a 'theme' not a template. Your themes must be uploaded via FTP as you have already been advised in another thread. If your theme is not selectable on admin then you have not opened and unzipped and uploaded the theme to the correct location.

Quote:
I am on the gen pref of the admin page, i have selected the template i want to use, after i select it and apply changes nothing changes on the page.

Look for these things:
Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory? - select yes - if you don't new themes won't work

Selectable themes - these are what you select from and must be ftp'd to your themes folder

Default template set - leave this at default unless you know how to clone and make a new template set.

There is a difference between themes and template sets. Please use the resources in the linkks below - look especually at the find help docs here thread for Johns tutorials and grab a copy of Jack J's XOOPS for dummies because it it easy an easy to follow manual.
HTH

jensclas
Re: Selecting Template

Hi
I just noticed yet another thread on a similar topic - please don't do this - it adds to your confusion.

Login

Who's Online

401 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 401

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits