wizanda
Re: !!!New Yahoo Xoops Group!!!
  • 2006/5/20 6:45

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

This one is also, I have been chatting to Giba in portuegues/spanglish......

Mainly as you notice, this is in no way to distract from any thing Xooops does if it does; we don't want it...

The idea is fo those who use Yahoo to contact each other easier, PM on here needs notification Hack asap, yet also it is private, fair enough if its your messurments.... keep it priavte!

yet when you need to chat aout programming and XOOPS info everyone wants to see a lot of it...

The poll system we have is limited and ww would use a lot of the database if we went totally democratic....

Yet on Yahoo if more people Join!!!

Then we can have Poll's to see what we all needing in a given subject....

The one thing we have is XOOPS thats holds us together and this site is for things that pertain to Xoopx and not so much community...

So having a Yahoo Xoup as an offical one makes it we can all get to know each other, which will make for a lot faster production, if we understand who we are working with...

khuhner
  • 2006/5/20 6:52

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/6 3

Wizanda:

I *think* I was able to translate what you are trying to say.

Polls - XOOPS polls arent that great. So let's ask someone *here* who can edit modules to step up? Why create *yet-another-group* for people to "talk" xoops?

Chat feature - Same as above. The chat modules for XOOPS need work, agreed. Instead of creating another group to "chat" about XOOPS chat, why not post here?

PM Hack - See above

One thing that the XOOPS comunity needs to do is clean up all these rogue modules. The ony way to do that is create a centralized location for all to "chat" about features, weaknesses, etc. and resolve them in a timely fashion, as appropriate.

Personally, I'd like to see more interaction *here* on Xoops.org about updating/upgrading/enhancements for modules (esp. Chat, Poll, RSS, Calendar, etc). If there was in-depth module development documentation, I'd change them myself.

wizanda
  • 2006/5/20 7:37

• wizanda

• Home away from home

I too agree with all that you have just said, and in no way wish the Yahoo group to take from Xoops.

Which it isn't in fact, if you read through the posts on here or there it is helpping loads already, gestroud I reached through there quickly, to ask to beta test the new Bible.

Someone contacted me about the post I made on here, to ask first... if I already knew and then we posted it on here already understanding, where we were heading...

More doesn't = less ....in fact it adds to XOOPS overture coverage... as we are posting links back to here, which can then be seen.

Also, on the point of module development and finally reshaping Xoops, I will trying my best, this just gives an open opertunity to do so, with out inflicting a riot on XOOPS as I have seen before...

We are more personal if someone starts messing with Xoops.org as it is our home..Yahoo isn't

giba
  • 2006/5/22 14:29

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

I too agree.

The list group is one more option
Sorry my bad english.

About chat, look in theread list.

tom
  • 2006/5/22 15:07

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Quote:
My comment wasn't directed at you. Hence, you are mistaken.

I do apologise for my mistake, however I'm sure you can see with no quotations in your post, and being posted straight after my own, this would be an easy misinterpretation. sometimes forums can be misconstrued.

again please accept my apologies
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

wizanda
  • 2006/5/22 15:18

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Quote:
sometimes forums can be misconstrued

I agree Good point

we could do with a couple of fast ways to communicate like mmmmm

Gabbly will help as it doesn't take resources....

Yet we could do with an automated mail system and chat system as one, with polls...mmmm

Where we going to find one GNU and the resource to cope for free??

wizanda
  • 2006/5/26 10:36

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Can Tonybrassco if it is you trying to join the zoops group please also post here.. thxz
This is only if your sites aren't reconized on submission or XOOPS user name, just to make sure..

Thanks sorry to be pain, yet you can understand we don't want spammers on our RSS feeds.

wizanda
  • 2006/5/26 18:15

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Just to add.... when you apply, please

If people send me a link to your XOOPS site as well, then we can make sure it is only Xoopers, thxzs

wizanda
  • 2006/12/9 13:02

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Really could do with more people joining this....the ones who have joined so far, are mainly developers....

Without contact and only a forum full of problems it is hard to keep track of future investment of our time....

As if we could communicate we can fix Xoops, to be much quicker...given that anyone on Yahoo can normally contact me 24/7.......
The fact it provides an RSS feeder on your yahoo 360 should say enough...depends if people want hit's and overture listing?

If so join this use all Yahoo links you can and they do show up....

Else you could pay overture if you wanted?

preachur
  • 2006/12/9 17:55

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

I started using XOOPS to get away from yahoo groups. I see a post on here "What we can include to XOOPS to get it friendlier ???" I am no developer, yet. I have decided to learn. MY goal is to learn this system and help develop some modules to make XOOPS better than yahoo or any of the corporate sites. XOOPS already has more potential than yahoo groups for the ADMINS. I want my XOOPS sites to offer my users a group hosting solution. One that is packed with features and that they can customize for themselves. I know that this is possible.

I think it will actually take more refining and combining modules than anything else. Herko's UserPage module mixed with a good independent forum for each group. (Doesn't have to be fancy... Even a modified guestbook would work and when the group owner hits install it uses their page number as a table prefix.) SmartFactory's SmartMail module works for all the digests and mailings, the old profiles module and that theme changer module re-configured. Change the name to MyGroup and put a mini-admin section right where Herko's edit button is. Take the application form from the blogs module and combine it with the MyFriends module and turn THAT into the group membership system.
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits