gestroud
Re: !!!New Yahoo Xoops Group!!!
  • 2006/5/17 16:49

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Quote:

j8h9x wrote:
Hmmm... Kind of silly that the developers of CMS software (XOOPS) need to use Yahoo Groups to get the functionality they need... I hope that some of the functionality provided by Yahoo Groups is at the top of some XOOPS developer list... Like IBM going to Apple for a mainframe computer. lol.

Kind of a confusing post. Where does it say that the Yahoo group is for XOOPS developers? I don't see that anywhere. My understanding is that the site of for people with XOOPS sites. Is there anything wrong with that?

wizanda
  • 2006/5/18 6:59

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

So haven't any of you got a XOOPS site?
only main moderators and people who seem intrested on here have joined so far?
It would be nice also, if these people joined:
Jan
Mith
PHPPP
Herko
Davidl
Herve
Solo
smartfactory team
Andy ---Article, AM ect
Basicly anyone who has a input into Xoops
If I missed you it is just a quick list for an idea, I have just woke up, yet I mean any of us really and all, just to get some of the main people talking by a continuous email of where we are heading.
It would be good for the community and help them understand what they can do to help more.

Its like the post we have on here, we have asked who can help, yet it is one them situations, many post on comments, "yes I will".
We could do with a Hacked comments with Notifcations as the delay makes it difficult in us organising our selfs more as a collective.

Hope you see where I am heading?

We don't lose from posting on Yahoo, in fact we gain, the email system is self contained so you get automated emails, we can use the poll system untill Yahoo crashes....
Messenger is good for getting more organised and asigning tasks quickly

Anyways just an idea?

And as this person put.... do we need to use Yahoo?
No we don't....
Yet if you are a moutain climbing skier and your mission is the biggest moutain, then do you spend your time getting over hills or do you use the elavator sitting next to it?

giba
  • 2006/5/18 9:45

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

I joined

tom
  • 2006/5/18 9:46

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Quote:
j8h9x wrote:
Hmmm... Kind of silly that the developers of CMS software (XOOPS) need to use Yahoo Groups to get the functionality they need... I hope that some of the functionality provided by Yahoo Groups is at the top of some XOOPS developer list... Like IBM going to Apple for a mainframe computer. lol.

I think the point here is that by using something like yahoo for this type of venture doesn't install much faith in our own product (ie xoops), to which I kinda agree, seems you feel the need to outsource. Personal opinion of course.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

gestroud
  • 2006/5/18 13:39

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Poor Wizanda. He's just trying to do a good thing. Why is it that [b]WHENEVER[/B] someone tries to do something positive, there are always people ready to stab them in the back?

Either join, or don't join. That's really all there is to it.

giba
  • 2006/5/18 13:56

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Quote:

gestroud wrote:
Poor Wizanda. He's just trying to do a good thing. Why is it that [b]WHENEVER[/B] someone tries to do something positive, there are always people ready to stab them in the back?

I Agree with gestroud

All iniciatives for good in XOOPS is welcome for-me
Sorry my poor english

tom
  • 2006/5/18 13:58

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Quote:

gestroud wrote:

When did I stab him in the back, this implies I'm saying one thing to him, then something else to others behind his back, hence the saying stabbing them in the back?

A forum is for debate & opinions, I'm simply stated my opinion, this does not mean I think what he's doing is a bad thing, con-trey to what you think, I believe this is a good idea, however as stated it doesn't give much faith in our own product (xoops) by using another. Maybe we should work to getting the features something like yahoo may have that we don't.

And just to reiterate, I do believe this is a good idea.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

wizanda
  • 2006/5/18 14:03

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

yes same here and that is why i phrased it as best I could to say it is to get to know each other...

Have we got the space or the time to have a general conversations about who people are in XOOPS on here.

I don't know who people are and would like to get to know where people are and who, this allows for it with out being rude to Xoops, not the other away around...

hope that makes sense it is about community a way to do polls over our thoughts, we don't post thoughts so much on here as anwsers and question to XOOPS and it should stay that way I feel...

gestroud
  • 2006/5/19 4:21

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Quote:

tom wrote:
Quote:

gestroud wrote:

When did I stab him in the back, this implies I'm saying one thing to him, then something else to others behind his back, hence the saying stabbing them in the back?

My comment wasn't directed at you. Hence, you are mistaken.

khuhner
  • 2006/5/20 6:19

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/6 3

I would like to know why? I am currently migrating AWAY from Yahoo! groups as they have toom nay limitations and dont provide much space. Plus there are too many XOOPS sites providing support now (not to mention that some arent in English; sorry but I dont speak Japanese, French and Chinese )

The home page is limited to 200 characters period. You'll find that will become a nusuance soon. What items will you provide that are different than xoops.org?

Just wondering...
Kurt

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits