Quest
Zen Cart Xoops Integration 0.3 (1.3) Admin Link ???
  • 2006/5/4 11:32

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I am having a problem with the Zen Cart module admin link from the XOOPS admin. When I click on it it wants to lock my system up. However, if I type the normal path into the address bar I get the login and then I can get to the rest of the administration controls.
I did a search and only turned up mostly comments. One of them identified that the link from the XOOPS admin was wrong and needed to be changed. The link is to a directory called xadmin and they said it should be admin. There is no follow up that I can find on this so I am stumped. The other links of the Zen Cart module in the XOOPS admin also point to this xadmin directory and I can't figure out where to change the link nor do I know for sure which ones to change, 1 of them or all of them:
Xoops administration/Zen Cart has:
Administration
Build Blocks Cache
Install Demo Products
Clean Database
all of these are linked to the modules/shop/xadmin/index.php?op=xxxxx

Like finding a needle in a hay stack around here sometimes.
I found where to make the change. It's in the root Cache folder/adminmenu.php
But can anyone tell me if I need to change all of them or just the one to the Administration?

Kathryn
Re: Zen Cart Xoops Integration 0.3 (1.3) Admin Link ???
  • 2006/5/21 13:59

• Kathryn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/21

I have exactly the same problem. Everything installed OK as far as I can tell. When I hover the mouse over the Zen Cart XOOPS 'control icon' in modules it offers four options:

Administration [points to /xadmin/index.php?op=admin]
Build Blocks Cache [points to /xadmin/index.php?op=buildcache]
Install Demo Products [points to /xadmin/index.php?op=instdemo]
Clean Database [points to /xadmin/index.php?op=instclean]

The last 2 of these work fine. However, like Quest's report, the first 2 of these lock up my system when selected.

I can get at the Zen Cart admin panel via /shop/admin/ and enetering the default user 'admin' and pass 'admin' - but no success accessing from within Xoops.

Anyone have any ideas?

Quest
  • 2006/5/21 15:36

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

It seems that it is a problem with IE (frames). Are you using IE?
I did manage to alter the code for the admen menu so that it would link to the admin for those two sub menus instead of linking to the xadmin directory.
I should make notes or something like it when I make changes like that so I can find out how I did it easier.

I will check and let you know.

Kathryn
  • 2006/5/23 6:47

• Kathryn

• Just popping in

Yes, I'm using IE. I'm a newbie to XOOPS and Zen Cart, so I don't think I can be of much help with the coding, etc. Thanks!

Kathryn
  • 2006/5/23 18:32

• Kathryn

• Just popping in

Hi Quest! On your suggestion re IE frames, I've just downloaded and installed Firefox web browser and that's solved the problem! I can now access the 'admin' and 'build cache' pages of the XOOPS Zen Cart. Excellent!

I don't really know what IE frames are but the use of Firefox means that my system is no longer crashing.

Thanks for the tip off! Kathryn

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (174 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits