knarf
Submit a messag in a specific topic
  • 2006/4/27 14:01

• knarf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/2 1

Is it possible to submit a news article in a specific topic by submitting the correct URL. I would like to have members to post to the correct topic when they are in a specific area of my site.

I.m currently using News 1.44

Thanks

Frank

jensclas
Re: Submit a messag in a specific topic

As long as you set specific topics yourself in admin your users should be able to select a topic when they submit news. Take a look at your 'submit' news article page from the fornt of your site. There is a form

Title
Topic

In the 'topic' it gives them a drop down box of your topics and sub topics to select from. All they have to do is pick the right one.

Since you have admin rights, if they pick the wrong one you can edit it...

HTH

knarf
Re: Submit a messag in a specific topic
  • 2006/4/27 20:52

• knarf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/2 1

hi There

Yes I know that they could choose the topic themself, But that is what I don't want to be.

For example

I have the following topics defined:

Traveltips
Materials

When a user is in the Travel area of my site the could see the traveltips (I give the subject in an URL from an page with links) and I would also have the users from that page submit only tips about traveling.

When they are in the materials area of the site the could only see the Material articles and then I would like to have that they can only submit articles about materials.

Thanks again,

Frank

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits