maxpt
Re: Xoops Roadmap 2.3 - 2.4 - 3.0 ?
  • 2006/3/28 19:31

• maxpt

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/4 1

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:

I tell that, because, I see very many news about new version of xoops, but none work(?) we see...

Please, write more on devteam site.. the state of XOOPS 2.3 (3.0?), at you are doing, and more, much more we want to know..

The devteam site it seems that the site are abandonment.. only a few post...

I am proud to use xoops, and i am tell this because i love xoops.. i want to see this improve...

but it need to have only ONE version o xoops!!! not two(or more)!!!

again we have the community split in two (or more)... please join us together with the same version :)

Thanks for all of you..
Marco Sousa
https://www.gaap.dev

wtravel

Hi Marco,

XOOPS is working towards one version, as the roadmap points out. I agree with you that it appears as if not much is going on with the development on the core, but that is only because of the low number of news items . However, to judge the progress of software development on the number of posts on the development site would not be fair I think .

So better sit back and wait for the announced new version of XOOPS and enjoy the current XOOPS version, as it is a great CMS already.

Best wishes,

wtravel

maxpt
  • 2006/3/28 20:33

• maxpt

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/4 1

Quote:

wtravel wrote:

So better sit back and wait for the announced new version of XOOPS and enjoy the current XOOPS version, as it is a great CMS already.

Thanks for replay..

So better sit back and wait for the announced new version, ..... Nooo... i want to involve me in the world of xoops, and be part of the developement of xoops, and see everything (the must you can) you do, the new think implemented, the problems that you have, everything up-to-date..

..as it is a great CMS already. but we know the problems with the 2.2 version, and, are with that version that i am(and lots people) working in the past 7 mouths...
Marco Sousa
https://www.gaap.dev

Herko
  • 2006/3/29 6:54

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Max: when the 2.3 code is ready for collaboration, you will be able to get involved. Development on a scale such as Skalpa is doing takes time, and a LOT of preparations. You see, the version he's developing is not adding new features to the existing version (like XOOPS 2.2 is), but a complete rearchitecting of the core and codes. Before anyone can start working on that, the foundations must be there, and they must be stable enough to build upon.

Kind of like building a house on soft ground...

Herko

CoolGoose
  • 2006/3/30 14:59

• CoolGoose

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/30

Well i understand but it would be great if any of the developers would post at least once a week an update.

ps
or something like nightly/ weekly builds ;)

silvrhand
  • 2006/3/30 15:18

• silvrhand

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/11

Wow..

Another "Devs need to communicate" better thread. This will go nowhere as it has in the past as this thread has been brough up at least 6 times.

Almost done with my joomla conversion, so I won't have to see threads like this much longer.

McNaz
  • 2006/3/30 16:04

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Quote:
Almost done with my joomla conversion, so I won't have to see threads like this much longer.

Had a look at Joomla 1.0.8 earlier today and wow.

if ( $params->get( 'page_title' ) ) {
  ?>
  <div class="componentheading<?php echo $params->get'pageclass_sfx' ); ?>">
 <?php echo $currentcat->header?>
</div>
<?php
}
?>

Talk about stone age code. They are still mixing their PHP and HTML. Its like this all over the place.

It depresses me sometimes that something technology wise that is similar to XOOPS 1 is doing so well yet XOOPS languishes and feels so static....

davidl2
  • 2006/3/30 16:06

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

One of many reasons I stop where I am McNaz

Besides - I'm quite excited with what i've seen of 2.3 so far... I'm prepared to wait for a good result

Dave_L
  • 2006/3/30 16:19

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

What's in 2.3 that excites you? I downloaded and installed it, but didn't see any differences from 2.0.13.

This is a serious question. I'd really like to know.

Herko
  • 2006/3/30 16:30

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Dave_L, I agree that the alpha1 release isn't very encouraging in that respect. I too want(ed?) to see many more releases showing the work Skalpa has done. I have seen screensnaps of work in progress, but not the new code comitted to the SVN.

However, the French have seen a demo of the alpha2 release, and a demo of what you can do with the new code too. So apparently, Skalpa does have a lot of code to commit.

Now, he's had modem prblems and hurt his hand, hence the silence. I do hope too that he will commit his work to the SVN soon, and release an alpha2, so other people can join in the development.

It is what he has promised time and time again, and it may take a bit longer then he first anticipated, but so far he hasn't backed out on his word yet

My 2 cents.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits