deram
Wishing to have 2 or 3 more banners on the site....
  • 2006/2/26 2:27

• deram

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/10

Which add-on is recommended?

Preferably it is easy to install and easy to set up and manage. Also it will give good info about number of click, sights etc.

FrEaKmAn
Re: Wishing to have 2 or 3 more banners on the site....
  • 2006/2/26 12:06

• FrEaKmAn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/17

deram
  • 2006/2/27 1:23

• deram

• Just popping in

thx. but I am good at html, flash, photoshop etc, but know little about php and nothing about databases at all.

So, when I saw "Note: You can use the same database as you use for xoops, just use a different table prefix"

"table prefix"??? what is that ? I would like a simple yet sufficient banner manager that doesn't require me to tamepr with the database and stuff like that.

any friendly support there?

deram
  • 2006/2/27 12:30

• deram

• Just popping in

I must say that I like the idea of Xoops, but the community support is far from as enthusiastic as for the Nuke platforms such as Nuke Evolution.

With a question such as this - I would have had the answer for sure within 12 hours. Meaning that 1 would have tried, then another - then perhaps I would have been more specific and a couple of others would have joined etc. untill the answer was there.

I guess that (without knowing it) the Nuke community and the communities behind many of the other platforms are much much bigger still than the XOOPS community. So I fyully understand that things may take more time or I may get none or quite brief help. The site XOOPS Forge seems to be virtually dead. I can come there - post and then come back 12 hours later and my post was still the last post on the entire forum. Is it dying or just started up, one wonders.

Anyway - although I understand etc. etc. I would love to get just a little help, so that I can take it from there.

thx...

tedsmith
  • 2006/2/27 12:47

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I'm not sure I understand why you can't use the default Banner facility? I'm building a new site as we speak and have added 3 banners (using XOOPS 2.0.13.2). Does that not suit your needs?

Quest
  • 2006/2/27 13:46

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

No sweat Deram. If you aren't sure about database manipulation etc. you aren't alone. But geesh don't blast us like that! People are from all over the world and time takes time...

I didn't want to mess with the different table prefix either so here is what I did.

I downloaded the most up to date phpadsnew program and installed it and it works great. I follow the directions, set my banners, campaigns etc. then generate the code, copy it and paste it where I need it in my XOOPS modules, theme, etc and it works great. The program itself uses it's own database and I myself like that idea for a couple of reasons of my own: If something happens to my XOOPS I don't loose my client ads for one. I can update the program and stay current with the most up to date PhpAdsNew more easily. At least for me anyway. Here is the link where you can download the program.
PhpAdsNew

Hope this helps you out and you have a nice day!

Quest

deram
  • 2006/2/27 23:31

• deram

• Just popping in

Thx guys for two good and very usefull posts.

First, tedsmith - I cannot see how I can have more than one banner at the time with the standard banner manager? I am using same XOOPS as you are.

It seems like I can only have one banner running at the time - I may be able to copy the code for that banner to different places, but I would like to run 3-4 different clients banners.

If you think that can be done with the standard banner management, then I will be VERY interested in hearing how, because I have seen other topics saying that it possible cannot be done.

I hope it can though.

And Quest, if the above fails, I will definitely do like you did. I just never thought that was an option. I don't need shared databases - why would I want that. The number of clients will be limited to max. 10, so the speed etc. issues will be non-existant imo. Thx. for the advice.

tedsmith
  • 2006/2/28 18:03

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I am sorry - I did not realise you meant 3 or 4 banners all showing at the same time. In my case, I have 3 or 4 banners 'installed' and they loop through showing one at a time. I assume, having read the above, that you want several banners all showing up at once.

It maybe can be done, but I don't have the knowledge on how to do that I'm afraid.

Ted

deram
  • 2006/3/1 9:21

• deram

• Just popping in

Yes, that is what I am after. Thx for trying. Hopefully we will sooner or later get the attention of someone that actually knows this.

I'll pm you if you want me to when I know how to do this.

Login

Who's Online

114 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 114

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits