carmen
Template of Block Main Menu
  • 2006/2/24 12:15

• carmen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/24

Hi:

I`ve created a block "Main Menu". When I edit it,"Content"->"Edit Template" not appears.

How can i add a template to the block?

Thanks

Quest
Re: Template of Block Main Menu
  • 2006/2/24 13:15

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

If you are trying to edit the Main Menu block from the Default Template then you can not do it. This is sort of a safety feature for the XOOPS core etc (as far as I can tell). But here is how you can do it:

You have to Clone the Default Template first giving it a new name of your choice.

Then you have to set the one you just cloned with the new name as your Default Template in the Administration "General Preferences".

You should see a drop down for setting the the template. It should have Default and also the name of the New Template you just cloned and named.

Choose the new one and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Go.

Now go back to your Administration, Sytem, Templates and click on the "list" for the new Template set you made. You should be able to edit the Main Menu block now.

Hope this helps.

Quest

carmen
  • 2006/2/27 8:16

• carmen

• Just popping in

I`ve cloned template.

In the new clone, system_block_mainmenu.html appears for to generate. When I generate it, show this message: "Template file system_block_mainmenu.html does not need to be installed (PHP files using this template file does not exist)".

What is the file that use system_block_mainmenu.html?

Thanks again

carmen
  • 2006/2/27 9:17

• carmen

• Just popping in

I think that the problem is than in the default templates set, there is not the file "system_block_mainmenu.html".

How I add it to the default templates set?

Thanks again

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (173 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits