zoggin
please review www.zoggin.com
  • 2006/2/22 6:03

• zoggin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/22

Weird things happening... Please review the site... Without you guys' input I can't edit the site. ;)

Thanks,
ZOGGIN.COM

gestroud
Re: please review www.zoggin.com
  • 2006/2/22 9:05

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Kind of sparse right now, and none of the links work: News, FAQ, Contact. Are you going to remove the Arabic text in your header, or is it a bilingual site ? I like the theme.

zoggin
  • 2006/2/22 20:27

• zoggin

• Just popping in

working on trying to remove the arabic chinese japanese icelandic weird text at top of template. I have edited template numerous time and it won;t remove the weird text. ARRRG!

zoggin
  • 2006/2/28 4:09

• zoggin

• Just popping in

Awesome! Things are picking up. It's coming along nicely. I got the template figured out now and adsense all plugged in right. Now all I need are members...

What do you guys think? Tips?

gestroud
  • 2006/2/28 5:57

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

The large banner ads are kind of overwhelming when the page opens. You might want to consider using two 468*60 ad one above the other.

What is the site about? There's no information about it at all. If it's just a general forum, let people know right off the bat, don't hit them in the face with ads.

What is the news section going to develop into? It's currently a restricted zone.

It's really nice that you have XOOPS as the sponsor for each of your forums, but you'd probably be better off using some type of relevant, text-based affiliate ads. Look into commission junction or something similar.

You should get a livelier logo for your site. Something catchier. Here's a couple of sites for making great-looking logos.

http://cooltext.com/Default.aspx

http://www.xara.com/referrer/headmaker_trial.asp

Both of them are free; the second one is part of a sales pitch, but you can keep any logo you make.

I LIKE what you did with Liaise. Really creative. Maybe you should change the name of the link to something to reflect it.

Looking forward to seeing the end product,

gestroud

limecity
  • 2006/2/28 6:25

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

the site looks great. i like the theme. simple and nice. you created that theme?

more on the site. what is the site about?
http://www.mounthiking.com
all your hiking gears and gadgets

Jharis
  • 2006/2/28 6:39

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

I would remove the advertising for now and consentrate on content. After the site has enough traffic then you can place small adds throughout the site. Look at other sites doing what you want to do and copy their success. Right now energise your site with articles and news until traffic picks up. I'd minimize the forums until you have enough traffic to drive them.

just my 2cents.

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits