PTlooker
System Templates
  • 2006/2/19 18:00

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/6/15

Hi,
I'm very confused around here...I'm trying to change templates like redirect, image manager, and some other, but if i go to modules/system/templates/ and change them they dont take any effect...i use a personalized template that i cannot find the files...the i tried to use tpladmin and copy the customized templates to the default one and then choosed the default as template...still dont work.. any idea of what can i do?
Thanks in advance!

JMorris
Re: System Templates
  • 2006/2/19 18:07

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Use the XOOPS Template manager [System Admin > Templates > your custom template set name > System] (just replace the System with the module name for your other modules) and make your edits there. After you've made your changes, be sure to empty everything but index.html from your templates_c/ and cache/ directories, otherwise your changes wont appear to have taken effect.

Hope this helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

PTlooker
  • 2006/2/19 19:57

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/6/15

That true indeed but then i cant edit the file online...just view (and protect dont let me view)...i can download it, but then i upload to where? Because thats what i already done like i said on my first post..
Thanks in advance!

**EDIT: Got it with the tpladmin. Thanks!

JMorris
  • 2006/2/19 20:03

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:
your custom template set name

Meaning... You have to "clone" your default system templates, then browse to your new custom template set and make the the changes there.

You're being blocked from editing the default template set because you're not suppose to edit it.

If you search the FAQ section of this site with the terms "template set", you will find several resources about how to edit templates.

Here are a few: Search Results

Hope this helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits