nelson_cho
No banner
  • 2006/2/17 16:31

• nelson_cho

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/17

The XOOPS was installed on mandriva 2006. Every thing was looked fine on the localhost. When I saw the page from other computer, there was no banner and the components get close together (the search box, the login box ....). I need help. Thank you

[Moved from - XOOPS.org redesign] Bluenova

bluenova
Re: No banner

Hi nelson_cho,

We would need some more information in order to assist you. Please take a look at this post and fill in as much info as possible.

nelson_cho
  • 2006/2/26 13:57

• nelson_cho

• Just popping in

XOOPS: 2.2.4
PHP: 5.0.4
MySQL: 4.1.12
Web Servicer: Apache 2.0.54
Operation System: Mandriva 2006 download version

My network setup is: I have two computer and link up with a router and connect to internet by a ADSL modem. I set up a web server in one computer. I can view the homepage in other computer even from a remote site. Recently, I try to install the xoops, everything work find in the server. I can view the XOOPS in the browser of the server. Everything work fine. When I view the XOOPS from other computer within the network (even from remote host), there is no image display and I cannot login to the system. No error was report during the installation. Please help.

Herko
  • 2006/2/26 14:13

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

this is probably because the main URL of the site is differnt depending on where you view it from, right? for example, when you look at the site from your network, you use computername/xoops/index.php, while when viewing from the internet, you use www.mydomain,name/xoops/index.php.
In your mainfile.php file, you can only give one base URL, and the sit ewill use that everywhere. This is creating the problems, because when viewing from your network, it will try and find the image for the banner on www.yourdomain.name/xoops/etc., and not on computername/xoops/etc. And thus, it can't find it.

How to solve this? Hmm.. that's difficult. I remember having seen a post where you can put more then one XOOPS_URL in your mainfile.php, but can't find it. Perhaps another member can.

Herko

nelson_cho
  • 2006/2/28 14:44

• nelson_cho

• Just popping in

Thank you very much Herko.
I replace the domain name by the real IP in the virtual path of mainfile.php. It seems it work even view from remote hosts. The problems is, my IP is dynamic. It may change. How can I solve the problem? Am I need to build a DNS in my computer? Is there any easy method? Thank you very much again.

iHackCode

Could This Work?
define('XOOPS_URL'"http://{$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']}");

Xoops Dev Wiki..
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

nelson_cho
  • 2006/3/2 10:59

• nelson_cho

• Just popping in

Thank you Bandit-X's suggestion. It is not working.

Watdehek
  • 2006/3/2 12:53

• Watdehek

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/2/21

Perhaps you can use a Dynamic DNS Service, like No-IP?

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits