2 Inbox bugs in newly installed Xoops 2.0.13.02
  • 2006/2/16 12:19

• deram

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/10

This is how the inbox looks:

Bug A:
EXAMPLE
In other words, the name field takes all the space and the message field is very small out in the right side.

Bug B:
If someone writes a long text with no spaces between the letters, it messes up the inbox totally. Is there anyway to put on "word wrap"?

1. How can I correct this?

2. Will these be fixed in the next version?

Thx for help.

bluenova
Re: 2 Inbox bugs in newly installed Xoops 2.0.13.02

Bug A - Have you tried updating themes and templates in teh sys admin menu? Are you using the default theme?

Bug B - Well of cause the system is not going to know where to make a break if there are no spaces. Why would somebody write something with no spaces? Unless it's code, but then it should be rapped in the
?>
tags.

deram
Re: 2 Inbox bugs in newly installed Xoops 2.0.13.02
  • 2006/2/17 1:14

• deram

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/10

Bug A. I have ticked where it says:

"Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?

If this option is enabled, module template .html files will be updated automatically if there are newer files under the themes/your theme/templates directory for the current theme. This should be turned off once the site goes public."

.. in the admin/preferences menu.

It sounds like that automatically updates the templates. Is there a place to update the theme too? As you can see from the screeshot, I am using the default theme, but also when I use one of the other themes the same thing happens.

Bug B. OK. I have seen forums where they automatically wrap so that the page isn't scewed. But ok, that one is not such a big deal because if it happens the post can just be edited.

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits