domineaux
Upgraded from 2.0.10 to 2.0.13.1 and can't get into upgrade mods
  • 2006/2/10 1:06

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

I get a blank screen with one line when I access the site.

Module File for liaise Not Found!Module File for liens Not Found!Module File for AMS Not Found!

I'm thinking I need to get into the system module and update the modules, but I can't seem to get into it.

I get a blank screen. When I try domain.com/modules/system/admin.php I get blank screen

When I try domain.com/modules/system/modulesadmin/modulesadmin.php I get blank screen.

I've found the modules no longer exist under modules. They do however still appear to be in the MySql database along with the files data.

I'm wondering if I can just reinstall the respective modules - liaise, liens, and AMS and then get into the site to update?

This particular site took several months to finish, so...I'm reluctant to mess around with things too much. I sure don't want to make it worse than it is now. LOL

I'm also wondering why it deleted the respective module folders from under the mydomain.com/modules/ folder?

I'd appreciate some help or suggestions.

Thanks

domineaux
Re: Upgraded from 2.0.10 to 2.0.13.1 and can't get into upgrade mods
  • 2006/2/10 22:55

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

I just removed the upgrade and restored the site from backup. I was using the upgrade utility in the fantastico for XOOPS in Hosting Cpanel. I was trying to save a little time.

I think the darned thing just backed up the Xoops, removed the previous XOOPS and loaded the later version.

If it had written over the previous version the modules from the earlier version should have still been there.

Funny thing is... I don't think it crapped the MySql. It appears to all be intact. LOL I'm probably just talking to myself here. Duh'

jensclas

I went through each upgrade one by one with no problmes...manually of course! Did each one, checked it, and then went for the next. Try that - time consuming - but not time consuming if the sites survive without drama!

domineaux
  • 2006/2/10 23:05

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

I appreciate your response. Where did you acquire upgrade instructions?

In earlier verions of XOOPS we just took all the folders/files from the HTML folder and loaded over the previous folders/files.

This way we just overwrote the previous files that were changed.

I haven't worked on my XOOPS sites for about a year now, so I'm a bit behind.

jensclas

jdseymor has great tutorials here - he has been my guide and mentor through the upgrade process.

The other question to look into is if these modules that disappeared will work with newer versions.

Cheers

domineaux
  • 2006/2/10 23:25

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

i think the modules will be fine since they're still mentioned in the module repository for 2.X versions.

THanks for your interest

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits