nikki
Duplicate module
  • 2006/2/9 20:20

• nikki

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/10/31

Hi all,

This might be a strange question...

I wanted to have a duplicate module available. For example, I'm using Dictionary 0.92 and wanted one dictionary for certain users and one for another group of users.

Can I simply upload the same module again with a different name (i.e. rename the root directory)? Or will this cause problems.
If I can, will I have to change any files to reflect that name change?

tia
:)

wtravel
Re: Duplicate module

Hi,

To find out if you need to make any modifications in the copied module, do a search on the name the current module directory within the module files.

Some module contain hard coded directory paths, so you may need to update some things in the copy.

marcionline

Read the FAQ: How do I clone a module? Maybe help...

nikki
  • 2006/2/10 10:31

• nikki

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/10/31

Thank you both.

I just had a look through that FAQ, good grief! Not only complicated but the faq appears to be a translation. I can see the writer went to great lengths to write a good explanation, but in translation for a beginner, it's too difficult.

I mean - "Make this replacement in step by step by activating the option of respect of breakage."

que?

ah well...

msdana
  • 2006/2/10 13:29

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Hi there,

If you go to the bottom of the page, there is a "corrected" translation that may be of better help.

I agree the original instructions are somewhat confusing to beginner's and even intermediate users. My first thought when reading the original was "forget this", but I continued and followed the corrected translation and haven't had a problem.

Hope this helps!
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits