ljmyers
Email Problem in Xoops
  • 2006/1/30 18:07

• ljmyers

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/4 2

I am using XOOPS 2.2.3a and Formulaire 3.23. Everything seems to work great thus far except that when I test the form and send an email, it does show in modules >> formulaire >> modify >> List of sendings but it does not actually send the email to my inbox.

I have double checked my email address in preferences >> system >> general settings and formulaire >> modify >> parameters. I have checked "Send to the admin only" in the parameters. Is there anything else I am missing or any suggestions would be great.

Edit:

I just checked the recommend module and that isn't sending the email to my inbox either.

I have XOOPS protector installed and I remembwr seeing a warning that some modules would not work correctly with it installed. Could this be the problem?

Edit again:

I just read an entry that was posted after my install that formulaire is not compatible with XOOPS 2.2.3. I uninstalled and installed Liaise which is doing the same thing.

Thanks bunches . . .
Smiles,
Lana
MyOnlineMagazine .net
L.J. Myers Company (My first website)

ljmyers
Re: Email Problem in Xoops
  • 2006/1/31 14:52

• ljmyers

• Just popping in

Polite Bump and Update

I've posted on the liaise boards and a good point was brought up. I am not receiving notification for new registration / users via email either. Since this is going on and it seems that the email was not working for formulaire, liaise, or recommend the site; that tells me that the problem is in XOOPS somewhere. I have verified the email address everywhere I can think of and search the XOOPS site for any hints to help out and followed the advice or instruction, I'm using the sendmail option in preferences >> mail setup to keep it simple but I'm not getting anywhere and experienced suggestions would be great.
Smiles,
Lana
MyOnlineMagazine .net

ljmyers
Re: Email Problem in Xoops
  • 2006/1/31 16:15

• ljmyers

• Just popping in

Finally found the answer to the problem after doing a search on yahoo for future newbies . . .

in preferences >> mail setup

Mail delivery method: use the PHP Mail()

Have a great day!

Lana
Smiles,
Lana
MyOnlineMagazine .net

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits