aixenv
newbb2 help please
  • 2006/1/28 3:06

• aixenv

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/27

i have a couple threads/posts that if i click on them i get a white screen, there's no way to delete them, i tried prune and sync and no go, version is 2.02, can anyone make any suggestions i see a xoops_bb table in the DB one called posts and one called topics, but i dont wanna screw up the integrity of the DB by just wiping it out there, any suggestions?

thanks

aix

phppp
Re: newbb2 help please
  • 2006/1/28 3:10

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

enable php debug from system preference and report error messages

aixenv
  • 2006/1/28 4:50

• aixenv

• Just popping in

oddly enough nothing with php debug on, im going to try the other debug modes

edit: nothing shows any debug info

url trying to load is

http://www.mydomain.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20&forum=4

but it's also random posts that this happens any ideas?

i really dont wanna wipe the forums but i will if i must, anyway to clear all the posts/topics and start with a fresh clean db? like a forced purge or something

phppp
  • 2006/1/28 4:55

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

Quote:

aixenv wrote:
i have a couple threads/posts
aix

Sorry, did not noticed the "a couple"
Usually it is due to the too long post or with attached large image and thumbnail enabled causing large memory usage

aixenv
  • 2006/1/28 5:00

• aixenv

• Just popping in

the forums just went live today, there is barely more then 1 post with 2 sentences.

phppp
  • 2006/1/28 5:05

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

yes, except the "general" causes, it could be any one that you can not expect, some are PHP related some are web server related.

The way to locate the cause is to modify your posts one word by one word to see what the problem is.

aixenv
  • 2006/1/28 21:08

• aixenv

• Just popping in

this is crazy, these forums are so widely used i cant believe no one has ever seen this problem yet i've found nobody having this issue, it happens with both my default theme and my custom theme; sometimes when you click on a link it gives you a white page, if you hold shift+refresh down it will show the page...so i deactivated, uninstalled and verified the tables were gone, so newbb v2.02 was gone, then got cbbv1.16a and it was working great on my first 2-3 categories i created then i started adding all the other categories back, and sure enough the white page thing happens again, im at a loss what to do , php debug shows no errors, any help is greatly appreciated.

aix

phppp
  • 2006/1/28 23:44

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

Quote:

aixenv wrote:
it was working great on my first 2-3 categories i created then i started adding all the other categories back, and sure enough the white page thing happens again

aix

Do you mean that white page appears even you only add more categories with no forum posts?

If so, add multiple categories using the same title/description as the first category, check if white page happens again.

aixenv
  • 2006/1/29 0:46

• aixenv

• Just popping in

the white page displays when you try and click a post that's already been added, if you hold shift+refresh sometimes 1,2 or 3 times it will eventually display, this it not happening to just me it's happening to about 20 ppl, i also think it might only be happening to my private forums, i just have the 3 anonymous forums up right now and im testing with various spam/test type posts/threads to see if i can have this happen with just these public area forums, ill let you know

Marco
Re: Re: newbb2 help please
  • 2006/1/29 10:21

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

well,

can you give us your environment
mysql version
php version
xoops version
cbb version

Then :
- have you cleared cache (delete template_c files except index one)
- have you updated module in admin (perhaps can you make the same on system module)
- have you run update script if applicable
- have you read readme file (check if you have the right line in your theme)

Apparently, there is no debug message when php debug mode is set to ON
Do synergy or die.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits