rondoc10
Please help
  • 2006/1/17 6:15

• rondoc10

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/17

im very new to XOOPS and need to know is there a way to turn off the login in to have a free to roam site. For what i need this for I wont need any memberships. I like the program tho and its very easy to figure out, except i dont want my visitors to have to sign in to see the site. Can someone help me. PLeeeeze?

rondoc10
Re: Please help
  • 2006/1/17 6:21

• rondoc10

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/17

also, is there a way to let users view your site without loggin in first? I might be able to use a forum, but i dont want people to have to register to view my site.

dizzymarkus

I alos just downloaded and installed this today looks very promising-----------

From what I can tell already you may do what you ask by going here

hoover system admin icon >
choose preferences >
user info settings (click edit)>
(on mine) 8 spots down the list is :
{Select activation type of newly registered users}change here.

Hope this helps

Markus

bluenova

What you need to do is goto System admin ¦ Groups, and setup the permissions you want for the anonymous group, giving them the access you want them to have. Once done, simply goto System admin ¦ Blocks managment, and hide the login block.

If you are using XOOPS 2.2.X you can also uninstall the profiles module and pm module from Modules ¦ Administration, if you are not going to be using them.

boboliscious

Quote:

bluenova wrote:
What you need to do is goto System admin ¦ Groups, and setup the permissions you want for the anonymous group, giving them the access you want them to have. Once done, simply goto System admin ¦ Blocks managment, and hide the login block.

Well, I hid my login block, and now I can't login to the admin page... any help??

zyspec
  • 2006/2/27 20:32

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

For you to login just go tohttp://www.yoursite.com/user.php

boboliscious

perfect. thanks.. I thought it would be the www.yoursite.com/admin.php page, but that kept bumping me back to the home page. Thanks for the help!

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits