wizanda
Newer Working KJV ol_Bible Module found, yet not released yet for Xoops
  • 2006/1/13 9:48

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

While searching Xoops.org, I found a site that has an updated version of the GPL phpbible script running a KJV version of the ol_bibe module.
Now I have written 3 times, twice by contact us and just encase that doesn’t work by backend.php and get the email.
Yet still no reply does anyone know whose this module belongs to?
Here is THE SITE, maybe if more of us wrote and asked they would kindly release this as the older version was in a mess and is a worldwide version which really makes XOOPS with out a standardised version of the bible.
Which is the KJV for most and so I my self have had many quires/complaints as to why it isn’t KJV.

So if you have a spiritual site and need a good Bible module that works finally please help me these as well.
I will post here, if I get a reply, so everyone can get a copy as I know many do with church web site especially!
This would really help the Christian XOOPS community site.
May sound strange to many, yet if you have a Christian based site you really need it based around a bible search there are even portal/CMS systems coming out that do this now.

Can someone make a better one or ask for the one that is already out on THIS SITE to be released.
Please

Peace B with U all

Widget
Re: Newer Working KJV ol_Bible Module found, yet not released yet for Xoops
  • 2006/1/14 15:42

• Widget

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/24

Hello,

I to have tried to contact the owner of the website you have mentioned but to no avail. I was thinking that they might have manually copied and pasted KJV to the old World version and got a functioning KJV. Well, I'm no programmer but it is very logical to do it that way but very tiring. I understand the KJV will be a suitable translation for christina base websites.
Greetz,
Widget

gestroud
  • 2006/2/17 19:35

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I contacted that site a few times and nobody responded.

Here's a copy of the KJV Bible for the XOOPS Bible module from their site. It's probably one good reason that people should have index.html files in their directories. I hppe the Lord doesn't consider it stealing, but the Bible is in the public domain.

http://www.biblicalproportions.com/modules/ol_bible/bible/

gestroud
  • 2006/2/17 20:17

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

OK. I just downloaded and converted the King James Version files to work with the current module. If anyone needs the KJV files for their site, send me a pm.

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits