davidl2
Re: [content] The framework
  • 2006/1/6 11:15

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Thanks to the great work done by some brilliant coders - I don't think WF-Download 3 will take too long

phppp
  • 2006/4/20 22:51

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

How is this going?
Is there any progress or do we need to re-start it?

davidl2
  • 2006/4/20 22:53

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

WF-Downloads 3.1 is on RC1 at the moment... RC2 will not take long.

Herko did want a few changes in the presentation of the module for its useage as a docs download module, but of course this may not be the same in the current time...

jensclas

I am pleased to see this discussion taking place and like the three portal idea...I'd like to support this idea

Quote:
I know this one will be very questionable, but how about a hack repository. From one side it is not good to mess things. But from the other it is also part of xoops, so what about a small category in dev ...?

and here is why:

Hacks are a bit of an issue because they are individual tweaks that until shared can't be fully explored. I have read quite a few hack threads with interest and find that some of the ideas behind them are great...and there is valuable discussion to resolve some of the little quirks along the way. I am also positive that producing a hack is a way to begin to learn to do more and eventually write a fully fledged module or theme. Play a little learn a little. So encouraging a section for 'hacks' is a place for creative exploration of new ideas and therefore is good IMHO. (I just don't like the word 'Hack' to describe this activity...but thats another issue)

What I don't know is how much of the current level of module and theme development we have are a result of innovative ideas in 'hacks' that then get properly incorporated into a new release. This would be further evidence that innovation (hacks) should be encouraged with a sections somehow...and of course some warnings to only go there if you are ready to experience the fun of successes and failures of making individual modifications to your files...and keep newbies like me away until something stable comes along!

So...given personal choice for a better label - Innovative Modifications (aka Hacks) does deserve a spot somewhere.

I also support the tutorials concept - these are especially useful for visual learners and for those who don't have an excellent command in English.

Ditto for greater use of visuals in the documents for the same reason.

BTW - happy to proof read docs in English as always. And assist writers to meet needs of audience and purpose. But the higher the level of technicality the more questions I may ask of the writer... and gurus themselves will have to take reponsibility for the accuracy of the actual content because I'm not up there with the technical stuff.

Jenny

snow77
  • 2007/3/13 22:01

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

With all the commotion going around and the will there is to change, why not focus the energies in reviving this thread and use our thoughts to make something constructive?
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

redxoop
  • 2007/5/19 8:12

• redxoop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/19

I Agree, the sections should be easy to savour and use. So this will be a task of thinking, and some artistry.

BlueStocking

@phppp,

Good stuff...
I would say we need to restart it!!!

BlueStocking
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits