Peter_GW
How to set the settings for Forum moderators?
  • 2005/12/28 22:14

• Peter_GW

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/12

Hello,

i use CBB 2.3.1 on XOOPS 2.2.3 and want to give some members moderation ability so that they can move topics that are wrote in the wrong forum to the right one.

But i dont know what 4 Settings i have to give the admin group i created. there are no infos for that.

thx.

kurak_bu
Re: How to set the settings for Forum moderators?
  • 2005/12/29 9:59

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/9/5 1

u should create new group "Moderator" or somethink like this and add those people to this group. then set rights/permissions to this group.

Peter_GW
  • 2005/12/29 10:10

• Peter_GW

• Just popping in

Yes i wrote that i did it but i want to know WHAT permissions!

stuie200
  • 2005/12/29 12:52

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/4 2

You need to go into the admin section for your forum module, in this case CBB, select the "forums" option and within there you will have a listing of all the forums you have created.

Select the forum you wish to assign a moderator to by clicking the edit button next to it and when the settings page for that forum appear you will see on the top of the page an option to add a moderator. Select which moderator/moderators you wish to add then click the "edit" button once complete.

You will need to repeat this procedure with every forum you have created.

Hope that lot helps (and more to the point makes sense )

Regards

Stuart

P.S you are not required to create a group to have this facility, you can assign any member that is registered on your site as a moderator. If you wish to create yourself a group called "Forum Moderators" then go ahead and create one but the only reason i can see you wanting ot do this is so the member has a title of "Forum Modurator" rather than just member or whatever the basic members group is set to. Dont forget that once you create yourself another group you need to set whatever permissions you want the new group to have access to. just for reference I have set mine to the same as normal registered members.
"I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar."

Peter_GW
  • 2005/12/29 16:02

• Peter_GW

• Just popping in

Oh #OOPS# im so stupid - cant find the tree in the wood

So easy and done before but to stupid to see again

Thx!

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits