defwind77
best way to show normal webpages within xoops?
  • 2005/11/19 15:58

• defwind77

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/11

Ok I'm all xoopsified,

however could someone explain how I can show a simple webpage within xoops?

Ideally I'd like to keep the menubar etc and be able to show a webpage as a 'custom block' but I can't figure out how to integrate this.

Essentially if I want to add a page about a product with a 'buy now' button but keep the menus and site navigation buttons - how can I do this?

It works if I choose custom block to an extent, however how can I add a custom 'visible in' option? ie so I can say custom block only visible in payment pages or something?

barryc
Re: best way to show normal webpages within xoops?
  • 2005/11/19 16:22

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

I like to use a module for this purpose, rather than a custom block, and my favorite is Content. You can also use others, such as Tinycontent. I have used both Tinycontent and Content to show pages with buy now buttons using Paypal. Seehttp://aka.org/modules/tinycontent2/index.php?id=4 for example. That's on a XOOPS 2.0.13.2 site, which I am rebuilding under 2.2.3, where I'll use Content instead.

You should be able to restrict visibility of blocks to certain module pages. What version of XOOPS are you using?

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

defwind77
  • 2005/11/19 16:45

• defwind77

• Not too shy to talk

hi barryc,

I'm using 2.2.3 - that content module looks ideal - I'll check it out and see if it helps!

Thanks!

defwind77
  • 2005/11/20 13:09

• defwind77

• Not too shy to talk

ok in the content module - I'm using the updated one - when I choose 'add new content' - the only position i get to add it is in the main menu - how can I add options to this dropdown so I can add things elsewhere?

Watdehek
  • 2005/11/20 13:37

• Watdehek

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/2/21

You can set your content to invisible and link it with MultiMenu. This way you have total control over the positions and the blocks where you want the links to your content to appear.

defwind77
  • 2005/11/20 13:45

• defwind77

• Not too shy to talk

sorry could you explain? surely if I set it to invisible then I won't be able to see it at all!?

barryc
  • 2005/11/20 17:14

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

I am not sure what you mean by "using the lastest one". Content, authored by davinci27, is at version 0.5.

What I like most about this module is the ability to order items in the module's "main menu" and its submenus. I put that in quotes, because that menu is not the XOOPS Main Menu. What I have done (on a new version of my site that I'm rebuilding in XOOPS 2.2.3) is to hide the XOOPS Main Menu (making it invisible in XOOPS blocks admin) and to rename the Content site menu to Main Menu. I don't think you can order the menu items by using the Add Main Menu Item link that is visible to admins. However, if you go to admin/modules/content/add-edit content, you can set the order of menu and sub-menu items.

You can also set them to visible or not. Visibility here refers to the visibility of menu items. I use several that are set to not visible for pages that I want to appear after a certain user action but that I don't want to appear as menu or submenu items. For example, I use one such page as the return page after users have completed a Paypal purchase.

Hope this helps.

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

marook
  • 2005/11/20 19:06

• marook

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/9 1

Hi,
Quote:

defwind77 wrote:
ok in the content module - I'm using the updated one - when I choose 'add new content' - the only position i get to add it is in the main menu - how can I add options to this dropdown so I can add things elsewhere?

Well, if you want to add a menu-item for the Menu Block (I'm using Content's 'DHTML Site Menu'), you have to add a content item with 'sub-menu' checked. It will then show up along with the 'Main Menu' so you can place other pages/links under that item.

Hope it helps,
Marook,

Want to go on a Safari with me?
(Yes, it is me in that avatar.. )

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits