gediminasbyt
Using x2.13 userdb with x2.2.3

I do have an older 2.13 site which has about 50 users. I would like to move the user list with permissions to x2.2.3 server database.

Ideally I would like to copy several modules as well but it's not essential since it's a different site and the only thing I need is userdatabase working in different site with their permissions transfered to new place as well.

Would it be easy to use the x2.13 userdb and migrate it to x2.2.3? Or should I make a temp copy of the site upgrade it and then move tables? Haven't actually compared files in db how much they have changed in x2.2.3 but I would assume enought to not to work by simply copying

Can someone just remind me which tables are essential for users passwords and permissions to be transfered?

I do not want to share db's, these are completely separate installs because I'm fading out the old site.

Gediminas

rabideau
Re: Using x2.13 userdb with x2.2.3
  • 2005/11/15 22:20

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

I would think that the safest approach is to migrate from 2.13 to the new version.

But I am just a low risk person...
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

gediminasbyt

I guess I can take risks especially in this case when I need only users transfered, in a worst case I can manually copy at least usernames and password fields. Haven't looked at it yet too closely.

I'd like to gather as much info as possible before I jump into this migration 'headache'. I know, same version would be easy, but different version that's what I have to compare and worry about...

Of course I can copy several table and then upgrade, but I would like to have a fresh x2.2.3 install.

Gediminas

gediminasbyt

Bumping this one.

Login

Who's Online

271 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 271

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits