peterr
xoops2.2.3 final - PM update, minor message ??
  • 2005/11/2 0:00

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

Hi,

Thanks for all the hard work put into getting 2.2 final up, great job. :)

I just uploaded 2.2.3 (final) files, then updated the 3 modules, system, PM and Extended profiles. All went okay, but then I _think_ I saw a msg right dowm the bottom , on the PM update.

So, did the PM update again, and here is the message:

Quote:

Module Private Messaging updated successfully.

Warning [PHP]: executescript(/home/username/public_html/modules/pm/include/update.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file kernel/module.php line 1218
Warning [PHP]: executescript(): Failed opening '/home/username/public_html/modules/pm/include/update.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file kernel/module.php line 1218
Warning [PHP]: executescript(/home/username/public_html/modules/pm/include/update.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file kernel/module.php line 1218
Warning [PHP]: executescript(): Failed opening '/home/username/public_html/modules/pm/include/update.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file kernel/module.php line 1218

Note, it did say that the module PM was updated sucessfully though, so I consider this msg a non-event maybe ??

I looked for the file update.php in the /modules/pm, not there, and it is not in rel 2.2.2 either. The searched through all the 2.2.2 release, and there was an update.php, in the /modules/system folder.

Could this just be an include path problem on this site ??

Peter
NO to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard.
Sign the petition

gediminasbyt
Re: xoops2.2.3 final - PM update, minor message ??

Hmm, I think I saw this today or a couple of days ago. Try to copy the files again, overwriting the old ones. Not sure to what it can be on windows side. Sounds like permissions problem to me.

Does actuall file in that directory exist? And what about permissions?

Gediminas

peterr
  • 2005/11/2 3:19

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

gediminasbyt wrote:
Try to copy the files again, overwriting the old ones.

The file size was exact (65048 bytes - /kernel/module.php), but I uploaded again, tried the PM update again, ... same message.

Quote:

gediminasbyt wrote:
Does actual file in that directory exist? And what about permissions ?

No, the file it is looking for is /modules/pm/include/update.php , and the line of code that is trying to include the file is line 1218 of /kernel/module.php

include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/modules/'.$this->getVar('dirname').'/'.trim($script);

but when updating the other modules (system and extended profiles), there was no such message.

There is only one file called /update.php and it is in /modules/system/include path.

Basically the error msg is just a warning, PHP can't include the file, but why the msg doesn't appear for other modules, I don't know ?

Thanks,

Peter
Sign the petition

peterr
  • 2005/11/2 3:34

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

As I was updating from 2.2.2, I did not run xoopsupdate.php, as is advised here

Peter
Sign the petition

gediminasbyt

Peter,

sometimes reading instructions is helpfull

Glad you fixed it. You could have done the same thing by updating the system module in ModuleAdmin->Update system.

Gediminas

peterr
  • 2005/11/3 2:24

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

gediminasbyt wrote:
Glad you fixed it. You could have done the same thing by updating the system module in ModuleAdmin->Update system.

No, I haven't fixed it, as my previous post stated, the error messages still appear, when I try to update the PM module.

PHP debug is on, which is good, otherwise I wouldn't have seen the warning.

I actually did update the system module also.

Peter
Sign the petition

gediminasbyt

Not sure, but have you set a correct XOOPS path in mainfile.php?

You mention that you run the latest version but then say it's a 2.2.2 the latest one is 2.2.3.

If it's a fresh install I would recommend to try once more. Wipe out database before you reinstall and get a fresh downloaded copy. Get a zip not tar because widoze can screw up extraction from tarball.

By the way did you get full install or just update? Because sounds like you have fresh install and then you mention you do an update. For fresh install there is no need to to use an update.php.

Gediminas

peterr
  • 2005/11/3 3:05

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

gediminasbyt wrote:
Not sure, but have you set a correct XOOPS path in mainfile.php?

This was the XOOPS 2.2.3 final, so mainfile.php did not (need to) change.

Quote:

gediminasbyt wrote:
You mention that you run the latest version but then say it's a 2.2.2 the latest one is 2.2.3.

Quote:

peterr wrote:
As I was updating from 2.2.2

Quote:

gediminasbyt wrote:
If it's a fresh install I would recommend to ....

It is an update, the 2.2.3 final is only an update, not a fresh install.

Peter
Sign the petition

rowdie
  • 2005/11/3 3:27

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

I can confirm the message you get when updating the PM module. It's because an update file has been declared by the module which doesn't actually exist.

Could you please post a bug report about it? Just use the 'Report core bug' link on the left. It's not really a bug, but the trackers are how the developers keep track of things like this (funnily enough )

Rowd

peterr
  • 2005/11/3 3:43

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Hi,

Quote:

rowdie wrote:
I can confirm the message you get when updating the PM module. It's because an update file has been declared by the module which doesn't actually exist.

Yes, the PM module tries to include it, can't find it, so gives the message. Updating the system module gives no such msg, because there is a modules/system/include/update.php

The extended profles update does not give the message, even though there is no /modules/profile/include/update.php ; the reasom may be that within the extended profile update, PHP error logging levels are modified, not to display warnings ??

Anyway, I'm glad to see someone understands me, and has the same problem, it's no big deal, as you say though.

Quote:

rowdie wrote:
Could you please post a bug report about it? Just use the 'Report core bug' link on the left. It's not really a bug, but the trackers are how the developers keep track of things like this (funnily enough )

Yes I report it, and yes, it's not really a bug. I had to find out if it was site secific first, .... so thanks for confirming.

Peter
Sign the petition

Login

Who's Online

266 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 266

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits