xoops2.2.3 final - problem with bd
  • 2005/11/1 1:47

• acris

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/31

Hello,
I'm new here, but I have a website in Brasil working
with the x223 and I tried to test the full version in
my computer before making any changes in the website.
After completing the installation, I installed the
modules I use in the website and I manually change the
mainfile.php in order to use my original database.
The data is there, I can see the list of users in the
extended profile, I can go into the forum from the
administration area and every message is there, but in
the user side there is nothing but the main menu and
the user menu. In the administration area I can see,
in the blocks list, just a part of them.
After asking help in the Brazilians forums of Xoops, I
made the test again and I got the same result.
I don't know if it is a problem with the version or my
fault. In any case, I hope you can help me.
Thanks,
Acris

JMorris
Re: xoops2.2.3 final - problem with bd
  • 2005/11/1 1:51

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Fist, Welcome to XOOPS!

Have you verified your Group and Block permissions?

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

acris
  • 2005/11/1 5:29

• acris

• Just popping in

Hi, James,
I think I'm not being clear enough. Sorry.
I'll try that again and I ask you for patience... :)
I thought that if I could to access my db, my new site would be a clone, exactly the same as It was in the other instalation. Why? Because I understand XOOPS as a system where every content information is inside the database. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The question is: if I recovered exactly the same db, why the blocks must be reconfigured -groups and permissions - in order to appear in the same way they appeared in the first instalation (when x223 was not final...)?
Thank you.
Acris

gediminasbyt

I'm not sure will I answer your question, but some modules do use hard coded links. Any time you make a move to different place most of the time you move your hard install directory as well, therefore try updatindg modules (ALL modules to be in a safe side)after you make changes.

I had some problems when I moved some sites, but you must provide with details if you changed your DB name, X versions and so on.........

Gediminas

acris
  • 2005/11/1 14:02

• acris

• Just popping in

Hi, Gediminas,
I don't know if I'm answering you or making a mess here, because I'm not familiar with the technical expressions. But it seems you are asking for more information.
1) I used the same user name of the db I had in the old installation.
2) The db is in the same local it was before (in my machine: I use easyphp here).
3) I didn't use the backup of the db, I accessed the db directly changing the mainfile.php
Anything else, just ask.
thank you very much.
Acris

gediminasbyt

Acris,

sorry but not following your process here
Can you verify please.

1.You have/had website working fine
2.You would like to get a test site (exact copy of live site) working on your local machine
3.You copied files and db to local machine
4.You updated mainfile.php to reflect changes to this new install
5.You went to system->modules and updated all of them (to be on a safe side )
6.Still no workie? Try to search in files for references that do go to oldsite.

Or I have missed one of your steps?

Gediminas

acris
  • 2005/11/1 14:58

• acris

• Just popping in

Quote:

gediminasbyt wrote:
Acris,
sorry but not following your process here
Can you verify please.

You don't need be sorry, but I must be... Thanks for the patience.
Quote:

1.You have/had website working fine

Yes. I had installed the x223 and my website at home and in the web was working fine. I decide to try the final release at home in order to avoid trouble online.
Quote:

2.You would like to get a test site (exact copy of live site) working on your local machine

There was smoe differences between the online website and the site I have at home, but I decided to use the old one for testing and I made it was my only reference for testing, not the site online.
Quote:

3.You copied files and db to local machine

No. As I said, I used the installed version of the site in my machine. Then, it was already there.
Quote:

4.You updated mainfile.php to reflect changes to this new install

Yes, I manually did it after installing the new version in another folder.
Quote:

5.You went to system->modules and updated all of them (to be on a safe side )

I'm not sure about that. I always do that, but I'm not sure I did it at this time. I'm in Linux now and I nedd to go into Windows in order to test it, then I'll answer you, ok?
Quote:

6.Still no workie? Try to search in files for references that do go to oldsite.

I'll try it too, thanks.
Quote:

Or I have missed one of your steps?

I think now you have every steps explained here, except one:
the modules I used in the first installation was: cbb, smartsection, marquee, multimenu, polls and smartfaq (I hope I didn't forget anything...). I must go into Windows to see the versions. When I come back, I'll specify them.

See you :)
Acris

acris
  • 2005/11/1 15:37

• acris

• Just popping in

Gediminas, The other answers: 1) I just updated the modules: - system (versao 2.13)When updating system, I got this notice: Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_SS_ITEMSMENU already defined in file c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-8\www\htmltestex223b\modules\smartsection\language\english\modinfo.php line 155 - private message 0.1 - I got notices and warnings here: Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_SS_ITEMSMENU already defined in file c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-8\www\htmltestex223b\modules\smartsection\language\english\modinfo.php line 155 Warning [PHP]: executescript(c:/arquivos de programas/easyphp1-8/www/htmltestex223b/modules/pm/include/update.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-8\www\htmltestex223b\kernel\module.php line 1211 Warning [PHP]: executescript(): Failed opening 'c:/arquivos de programas/easyphp1-8/www/htmltestex223b/modules/pm/include/update.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:/Arquivos de programas/EasyPHP1-8\php\pear\') in file c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-8\www\htmltestex223b\kernel\module.php line 1211 Warning [PHP]: executescript(c:/arquivos de programas/easyphp1-8/www/htmltestex223b/modules/pm/include/update.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-8\www\htmltestex223b\kernel\module.php line 1211 Warning [PHP]: executescript(): Failed opening 'c:/arquivos de programas/easyphp1-8/www/htmltestex223b/modules/pm/include/update.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:/Arquivos de programas/EasyPHP1-8\php\pear\') in file c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-8\www\htmltestex223b\kernel\module.php line 1211 - extended profiles 0.1, with one notice: Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_SS_ITEMSMENU already defined in file c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-8\www\htmltestex223b\modules\smartsection\language\english\modinfo.php line 155 - newbb 2.02 (same notice as above) The other modules were updated, but I did it again. Smartsection 1.1, Marquee 1.31 and Smartfaq 1.1, each one presenting the same notice as extended profile. After doing that I went to the homepage and It was unconfigured yet. The blocks page was notcganged (it remains unconfigured). I didnt' find any link to the other instalation, it seems the alteration of the mainfile was enough, but I'm not sure if I was looking for the exactly word key... I hope I could give you the needed informations. Thank you again. Acris

gediminasbyt

Notices you can completely ignore.

This and all other warnings.Most of the time warnings you can safely ignore as well.
Quote:
Warning [PHP]: executescript(c:/arquivos de programas/easyphp1-8/www/htmltestex223b/modules/pm/include/update.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-8\www\htmltestex223b\kernel\module.php line 1211

Hmm, looks like you do not have files in this directory:

c:/arquivos de programas/easyphp1-8/www/htmltestex223b/
or it's not readable.

Gediminas

acris
  • 2005/11/1 17:31

• acris

• Just popping in

Dear Gediminas,
It is, at least, strange, because this folder is the folder of my testing site. I just made another installation in order to test it again.
I did just one differente procedure: before using the db, I recovered that from my backup. I thought that the problem could be any error in the db, that could be occured when I first tried to upgrade the version.
It is interesting that every warning desapeared in this new installation, but I got the same block unconfiguring error.
There is anything else to try?
Thank you very much.
Acris

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits