-Lonestar-
Updating...
  • 2005/10/15 17:17

• -Lonestar-

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/15

...from 2.0.5 to 2.2.2; how is this done? Do I have to update the packages 1 by 1 or can I just update to 2.2.2. If I choose the full install will I lose all my information? How can I save my information so that I don't lose it when I upgrade? I have this version because it came with my webhosting package.

Thanks in advance.

jdseymour
Re: Updating...

There are still many problems with the 2.2 version of XOOPS (currently being fixed in the current Release Candidate testing). If this is a production site, I would suggest upgrading to 2.0.13.1 and wait until the current RC for 2.2x is released as stable.

I think there were some major changes from 2.0.5 to the current stable version so, maybe someone else can say if any problems uploading the latest full version and upgrade at once. I think it would be safer for your data to upgrade from the patches step by step to the latest version. Be sure to create full backups before each version change so you can start again if any problems. Database as well as file backups.

-Lonestar-
  • 2005/10/15 17:32

• -Lonestar-

• Just popping in

Ok, remaining question is: How do I do this? I couldn't find the upgrade.php file anywhere. And, how do I back up the database?

jdseymour

Upgrade packages are located Here. Make sure that you read and follow any directions.

Further see my XOOPS System Upgrade Flash Tutorial.

As far as database backups go either export from phpmyadmin, or see this Article.

HTH.

-Lonestar-
  • 2005/10/15 18:14

• -Lonestar-

• Just popping in

Thank You!

That flash tutorial makes me look like an idiot! lol

CanguroB
  • 2006/7/13 6:18

• CanguroB

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/16

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Upgrade packages are located Here. Make sure that you read and follow any directions.

Further see my XOOPS System Upgrade Flash Tutorial.

As far as database backups go either export from phpmyadmin, or see this Article.

HTH.

Man, why isn't that tutorial setup as part of the main downloads / upgrade page? It's GREAT !

I'm upgrading from 2.0.9.2 as we speak

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits