gediminasbyt
AMS-2.41 in Xoops2.2.2 with Koivi

I have installed both News1.41 and AMS-2.41 when I select Koivi in News I'm able to use, when I select in AMS it still shows me the Default XOOPS editor. Is there a different path that it's looking for where it set?

Gediminas

P.S. No php errors.

barryc
Re: AMS-2.41 in Xoops2.2.2 with Koivi
  • 2005/10/13 22:12

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

It's a path issue. The needed modification to the AMS code is in the forums on the AMS site. It was posted by Ryan in response to my question on the same topic. Here is his answer:

edit AMS/include/storyform.inc.php

Find the lines:
if ($xoopsModuleConfig['editor'] == "koivi" && file_exists(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php")) {
include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php";

replace "wysiwyg" in the path names with "xoopseditor/koivi" so they look like this:
if ($xoopsModuleConfig['editor'] == "koivi" && file_exists(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/class/xoopseditor/koivi/formwysiwygtextarea.php")) {
include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/class/xoopseditor/koivi/formwysiwygtextarea.php";
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

gediminasbyt

I'm not sure what is going on then:

When I look into my news include/functions.php I see this:
if(!$x22) {if ( is_readable(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH "/class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php"))
{include_once(
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH "/class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php");
$editor = new XoopsFormWysiwygTextArea($caption$name$value'100%''400px''');}

This path does not even exist and Koivi works fine... Now when I change according to your setting everything load fine as well except instead of font, size, format, symbols I see this:

Snapshot

Gediminas

gediminasbyt

Bumping this one up. So far search has not given any results.

barryc
  • 2005/10/14 20:00

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

I have to admit that I hadn't tested this solution, but was passing on advice provided to me when I asked about using Koivi in AMS under XOOPS 2.2. The reason I hadn't tested it is that I still run my live site under 2.0.13, waiting for a proven stable version of 2.2 to be released.

I did just now test the solution on a test 2.2 site and find the same problem that you do. I don't know enough about how AMS is coded to determine what the error is. The best person to ask would be Mithrandir, as he coded AMS. He may be too busy with working on the (hopefully) soon to be released stable 2.2.X to attend to this. Perhaps you can try to contact him to ask about it. Or, perhaps one of the programmers out there can suggest why this is happening.

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

barryc
  • 2005/10/15 6:50

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

I've been thinking a bit more about this problem, where the _XK_FONT etc appears as the default in the drop down menus, as indicated by gediminasbyt in an earlier post and confirmed by my testing. This obviously is a problem with the defined values for _XK_FONT etc. not being substituted. It appears to be due to changes in the way Koivi is coded, and a real fix presumably will require some coding changes in AMS.

I confirmed this by doing the following:

I copied the contents of /class/xoopseditor/koivi into a new folder /class/wysiwyg in my XOOPS 2.2 test site. I left the path to Koivi as it originally was in AMS (that is, class/wysigwyg). I set AMS to use Koivi, with the result that the drop downs show _XK_FONT etc. This shows that the problem is not due to the path to the values, but to changes in Koivi.

I then deleted that folder /class/wysiwyg from my 2.2 site and copied the wysiwyg folder from my XOOPS 2.0.13 site into /class on the XOOPS 2.2 site. I found that AMS set to use Koivi then worked properly.

Thus, a work around for this problem is to copy the wysiwyg folder from XOOPS 2.0.13 into the /class folder in a 2.2 site. Leave the /class/xoopseditor/koivi folder intact so that News or other modules can use it.

Ideally, Mith, or perhaps some other programmer, can tell us the changes required in AMS 4.2 to make it work properly with the koivi version in XOOPS 2.2. I will try to look through the code, but I don't think I'm enough of a programmer to figure out the changes required.

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

gediminasbyt

I think I might found a problem, had no time to test or look in to it. xk_editor is a new name for Koivi and since I'm using the newest one some name got changed too. Just a thought that I have to test when I have time. Still if someone can confirm it...

Gediminas

Jaypee
  • 2005/10/17 19:07

• Jaypee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/26

@barryc:

Check out my comments here. I think this might help you with your issue.

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2617

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits