DonXoop
pass xoops authentication to other apps in a URL?

I have two projects on the go, one that has external scripts accessing dbs other than XOOPS and a dotproject site that would be nice to integrate with xoops.

I took some standalone php scripts and put them in a content module and that worked nicely. The scripts access dbs othan than the local XOOPS db. I'm now looking at ways to either modulerize the scripts or at least pass XOOPS credentials to the scripts. The content module controls access to the scripts but I'll want to go deeper.

I found a way (untested so far) to grab xoopsUser data that i can use in my scripts. That should work for scripts located on the same server.

Is there an easy way to pass the current user credentials (name and password) to an external site URL? I can easily link the site from XOOPS but I'd want to save a login if I can.

BTW, if anyone is looking at dotproject (www.dotproject.net) integration I'm interested. They have a nuke version but so far nobody is doing a XOOPS version.
no max no bling. goes double for mik. triple for the insane aliases of said lunatics
===========================
Not around here anymore. Way too many idiots, so sad.

DonXoop
Re: pass xoops authentication to other apps in a URL?

To answer part of my question:
I can grab the current user and hashed password with:
$xoopsUser->getVar('uname') for example.

I can build a link URL with the info. Now to make dotproject accept the variables and login. That part isn't XOOPS related.

So far so good...
no max no bling. goes double for mik. triple for the insane aliases of said lunatics

pemen
  • 2005/10/12 19:58

• pemen

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/7/8 7

The best solution is to use a true SSO solution like CAS (Cantral authentication system). I plann to integrate it in a future version of the XOOPS Auth system.
Identity management, LDAP, Workflow and more
XoopsPro

DonXoop

An SSO would be ideal but would require major hacks to both sites and that isn't realistic. Future XOOPS might have a working SSO but that too isn't soon and I'll be on 2.0x for the near future and probably longer.

Things like LDAP aren't ideal if both servers can't reach the same authentication system.

It turns out that dotproject is easily hacked (two lines) to accept a remote login (they do it for nuke->dotproject logins). I was able to test an xoops->dotproject login. Now to figure out how to work with the hashed passwords. I'm almost there....

stedewa
  • 2006/3/9 7:48

• stedewa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/8 1

A common logon for XOOPS and dotproject (as a module perhaps?) is a great idea!

Thanks!

How can I implant it? Is there a solution?

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits