xfranc
Upgrade to 2.2.1 from 2.2
  • 2005/8/9 13:03

• xfranc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/4 1

Hi all,

No real errors on this one, but I cannot see any changes at all, the User Menu block still hasnt got an inbox link - and I dont know why ?

Any ideas appreciated

mschot
Re: Upgrade to 2.2.1 from 2.2
  • 2005/8/9 13:33

• mschot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

I think you will have to delete all (except index.html!!!) files in the "templates_c" folder on your webserver in order to generate new html templates...

Mithrandir

update the system module
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

xfranc
  • 2005/8/9 15:34

• xfranc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/4 1

Thanks Mithrandir - that sorted it, I wonder, should I also then update the PM and Profile Modules as they have both changed ?

Ill do it just in case :)

Many Thanks again.

cryogenic
  • 2005/9/7 11:32

• cryogenic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/10

I've upgraded 2.2.1 to 2.2.2. Updated System, PM and Extended Profiles modules but in Module Administration page, my System Module is still being shown as 2.11 not 2.2.2 (or whatever it is supposed to be). Is this normal or am i doing something wrong?

Besides, i'm using English language pack as default language but in User Menu > Edit Account and Admin Panel > Modules > Extended Profiles > Fields Notification Options are typed wrong. (like _NOT_NOTIFYMETHOD, _NOT_NOTIFYMETHOD_DESC etc.) I tried to correct these values by changing the language files (2.2.1 package) with the files that comes with XOOPS 2.2.2 package but the problem persists. I noticed that the language files in 2.2.1 -> 2.2.2 and 2.2.2 full packages contains different file "versions". PHP Debug gives no critical error.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

Mithrandir

The System Module version is not 1:1 connected to the XOOPS version. So XOOPS 2.2.2 and System module v2.11 is perfectly fine. /include/version.php holds the version number of your XOOPS system.

The notification name constants are a little tricky, I've yet to track down why this happens...The problem is that the values are saved on installation and if the system can't find the constant at that time, it will just save the constant name...
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

ViperSBT
  • 2005/12/13 14:22

• ViperSBT

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/27

Because I didn't realize the disconnect between the version numbers, I followed upgrade paths based on what I thought I had/needed. I am currently experiencing some mild problems, and am unsure about if I have made all the proper upgrades. What is the recommended way to take an existing site and get it up to 2.2.3 using the full 2.2.3 install without losing all the data?
Brett M. Williams
Co-Founder, The United Flyball League International
http://www.u-fli.com

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits