JMorris
Templates Manager lost all layout info
  • 2005/8/7 13:21

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I was happily going about adding content to the site last night when I went to modify a template for a section of the site and I was greeted with the following page in the Templates Mangager:

Resized Image

Here's the source:
<h4 style="text-align:left">Template Set Manager</h4><table width="100%" cellspacing="1" class="outer"><tr align="center"><th width="25%">Name</th><th>Created</th><th>Templates</th><th>Action</th><th>&nbsp;</th></tr><tr class="odd" align="center"><td class="head">default<br /><br /><span style="font-weight:normal;">XOOPS Default Template Set</span></td><td>2005/6/29</td><td align="left"><ul><ul><li>Articles [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=AMS">List</a> (<b>22</b>)]</li><li>Contact Us [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=contact">List</a> (<b>1</b>)]</li><li>Web Links [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=mylinks">List</a> (<b>11</b>)]</li><li>Netquery [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=netquery">List</a> (<b>11</b>)]</li><li>news [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=news">List</a> (<b>10</b>)]</li><li>Private Messaging [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=pm">List</a> (<b>4</b>)]</li><li>Extended Profiles [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=profile">List</a> (<b>5</b>)]</li><li>Sitemap [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=sitemap">List</a> (<b>2</b>)]</li><li>Partners [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=smartpartner">List</a> (<b>5</b>)]</li><li>Site Statistics [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=statistics">List</a> (<b>10</b>)]</li><li>System [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=system">List</a> (<b>29</b>)]</li><li>Downloads [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=wfdownloads">List</a> (<b>14</b>)]</li><li>Donations [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=xdonations">List</a> (<b>4</b>)]</li><li>Headlines [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=xhld0">List</a> (<b>5</b>)]</li><li>Polls [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=default&amp;moddir=xoopspoll">List</a> (<b>4</b>)]</li></ul></td><td>[<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=download&amp;method=tar&amp;tplset=default">Download</a>]<br />[<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=clone&amp;tplset=default">Clone</a>]</td><td>&nbsp;</td></tr><tr class="even" align="center"><td class="head">mwr_templates<br /><br /><span style="font-weight:normal;"></span></td><td>2005/7/29</td><td align="left"><ul><ul><li>Articles [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=mwr_templates&amp;moddir=AMS">List</a> (<b>22</b>)]</li><li>Contact Us [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=mwr_templates&amp;moddir=contact">List</a> (<b>1</b>)]</li><li>Web Links [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=mwr_templates&amp;moddir=mylinks">List</a> (<b>11</b>)]</li><li>Netquery [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=mwr_templates&amp;moddir=netquery">List</a> (<b>11</b>)]</li><li>Partners [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=mwr_templates&amp;moddir=smartpartner">List</a> (<b>5</b>)]</li><li>Site Statistics [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=mwr_templates&amp;moddir=statistics">List</a> (<b>10</b>)]</li><li>System [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=mwr_templates&amp;moddir=system">List</a> (<b>31</b>)]</li><li>Downloads [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=mwr_templates&amp;moddir=wfdownloads">List</a> (<b>14</b>)]</li><li>Headlines [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=mwr_templates&amp;moddir=xhld0">List</a> (<b>5</b>)]</li><li>Polls [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&amp;op=listtpl&amp;tplset=mwr_templates&amp;moddir=xoopspoll">List</a> (<b>4</b>)]</li>

I've tried everything that is normally recommended to fix template issues and more. I've reverted back to the default template set and theme, I've updated all modules, I've even re-uploaded the entire system module.

Also, what the graphic is not showing is that I have 4 template sets installed on the site. The page only shows two. It's like the templates manager is not fully loading, but the browser indicates that it is.

At one point, my site lost the notification options from every module. See graphic:

Resized Image

After re-uploading the entire system module and updating all the templates, I know have notifications back.

There seems to be some very strange intermittent issues with the new templates manager. Of the problems I've had with 2.2, most have traced back to the templates set manager.

Best Regards,

JMorris
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

JMorris
Re: Templates Manager lost all layout info
  • 2005/8/7 23:16

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

::BUMP::

Hate to be a pest, but I really need to be able to edit my templates. As it is now, I can't even see the template set I need to edit. Can anyone else confirm this is an issue? Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix it?

Thanks,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

koenvd
  • 2005/8/8 22:05

• koenvd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/15

i have the same problem ! see:
www.rabbitfield.com/Image1.jpg

JMorris
  • 2005/8/9 0:54

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

koenvd wrote:
i have the same problem ! see:
www.rabbitfield.com/Image1.jpg

Thank you for comfirming the problem. Did yours come on all of a sudden, or has it been like this since the beginning? Also, did you upgrade your site with a custom template set configured as your default template set?

Mine came on all of a sudden. One minute I was able to view the templates manager index like normal, the next minute, I got the psudo white screen.

I backed up my site and deleted every file and installed 2.2.1. I still had the same problem. Even after updating all the modules.

I think I've come up with a work-around, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why or how it worked.

Work-around
Download /modules/system/admin/tplsets/main.php. Comment out the following code using "//" without the quotes just before "echo":

Change
echo '<li>'.$module->getVar('name').' [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&op=listtpl&tplset='.$tplsetname.'&moddir='.$ni.'">'._LIST.'</a> (<span style="color:#ff0000; font-weight: bold;">0</span>)] [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&op=generatemod&tplset='.$tplsetname.'&moddir='.$ni.'">'._MD_GENERATE.'</a>]</li>';

To
// echo '<li>'.$module->getVar('name').' [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&op=listtpl&tplset='.$tplsetname.'&moddir='.$ni.'">'._LIST.'</a> (<span style="color:#ff0000; font-weight: bold;">0</span>)] [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&op=generatemod&tplset='.$tplsetname.'&moddir='.$ni.'">'._MD_GENERATE.'</a>]</li>';

Reupload main.php into the original directory.

Go into Preferences Main »» General Settings and set "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" to Yes.

If you are using a custom template set, revert back to the default template set.

Go into "Modules Administration" and click the Update button for System (looks like a external drive with a loop around it).

Now go into "Template Set Manager" and see if everything is displaying correctly now. If it is, and you have custom templates installed, download your custom template sets, then delete them from the "Template Set Manager".

Now remove the comment marks from main.php and reupload it.

Verify your "Template Set Manager" is still displaying correctly.

If it is, clone your default template set, make your desired changes, set the new template set as default, and go into Preferences Main »» General Settings and set "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" to No after you have loaded a few pages.

Like I said, I cannot figure out why this worked on my site. Especially since the only thing left over from 2.0.13 or 2.2 is the graphics and database, but it did, so I'm sharing it here. I tried to recreate the problem but I was unable to. I'm speculating that it was caused by a non-default template set, but I have not verified this.

I really hope this helps.

Best Regards,

James

JMorris
  • 2005/8/9 1:32

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

JMorris wrote:

I tried to recreate the problem but I was unable to. I'm speculating that it was caused by a non-default template set, but I have not verified this.

THEORY CONFIRMED!

As soon as uploaded a template set that I had installed when the error occured, the error was reproduced. I was able to apply the work-around and reproduce the error consistantly.

PHP Debug output that lead to the work-around:
Fatal errorCall to a member function on a non-object in /****/****/****/****/modules/system/admin/tplsets/main.php on line 103

Important notes:
The error is caused when a site is upgraded from 2.0.13 to 2.2 and a custom template set is set as the default template set. Also, if a template set is downloaded with a theme that is not has not been confirmed to work with 2.2.x, PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

I'm speculating that there are some differences in how XOOPS handles templates between 2.0.13 and 2.2.x. Is there a kind Admin/Developer/Support Person who would be willing to confirm this speculation?

Hope this is useful!

James

banesto
  • 2005/8/10 1:08

• banesto

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/24

I did not upgrade, i started new XOOPS 2.2 site. and, of course, i cloned the template set and started to change things i need. Later i added some new modules - xoopspolls for instance and then i wanted to change in xoopspolls block the size of the font, but the block template was read only, and when i went to template set page - i got the same u got. It seems, that this object fails only for those modules, which are installed after cloning process.. What should i do to find solution?
where's my red bull!

banesto
  • 2005/8/10 1:12

• banesto

• Just popping in

By putting those "//" marks nothing really happens. Ok, there's no more white background, but the modules installed after cloning do not appear.

The question is: "How could i clone modules recently installed and put the cloned files into existing template set?"
where's my red bull!

JMorris
  • 2005/8/10 1:33

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

I've installed a couple modules since using the "work-around" I mentioned above without any problems.

Try turning on php debug and viewing the page. If that doesn't provide anything useful, try turning on MySQL debug and viewing the page.

I wish I could be more help.

Best Regards,

James

banesto
  • 2005/8/10 1:48

• banesto

• Just popping in

he he, i found a better way - i cloned default set again and changed those templates i changed in the first clone. as it is fresh copy - there was not much to change. But on the whole - problem stays open :(
where's my red bull!

jjcmoney
  • 2005/8/11 6:25

• jjcmoney

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/10

Hello all,

I had the same issue, with the template admin section losing it's formatting and being barely usable. It happened to me apparently when I uninstalled a module that I had installed prior to the upgrade to 2.2.1.

After upgrading, I deactivated and uninstalled the Evennews module. Some time after that, I noticed I had the template issue.

Just for the heck of it, I reinstalled Evennews, and the template admin section looks as good as ever.

That being said, I also INSTALLED the PM module after the upgrade, so that could have something to do with it? I didn't test that part of the equation.

Perhaps the above could help those with the same problem. Everything else with 2.2.1 works like a charm.

JC
JC

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits