pinbrook
register
  • 2005/7/27 17:45

• pinbrook

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/27

I have a problem with the Register module, some people are able to use it and register and login to my site, but for others they get "cannot create new user" error message.

I am stumped as to what the problem is. I can't recreate the problem, I can create a user with the details they give me. This is a new site and I have as many failed registrations as I have sucesses

if anyone would like to test it and see if they experience the same problem the site is

shops.pinbrook.net/xoops

TIA

perry
Re: register
  • 2005/7/29 5:45

• perry

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/3/22

I have tried your site and seems it's working oké.

Though, I have the same problems on my site www.infowinner.nl . On one site it was no problem, going to an other location I could not register. To be clear.

You can fillin the fields click on register, you see the summary and when you than click on finish, I get a warning "Could not register".

Any idea what's going on and what todo against this?

Goosie

mboyden
Re: register
  • 2005/7/30 2:37

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

It's likely because of your customer's firewall settings removing the referer information. Read this good explanation. And then read how to fix it.

I'm assuming eventually this will all be done with security tokens that were introduced in 2.0.10 (I think).
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits