toddherrold
missing inbox and no private message?

after upgrading to 2RC2, I no longer have an inbox in the usermenu and the private message feature no longer works. . i.e., when you click on PM to message someone it comes up a blank page with this error:

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/hotdogbl/public_html/class/theme.php on line 430

jdseymour
Re: missing inbox and no private message?

Is the PM module installed?

toddherrold

Duh! Didn't realize it had changed. So, I installed it and now it works, though I don't have an Inbox in the user menu anymore. I assume that this is no longer the way it is supposed to show up, but I have to say that I liked the red indicated when I had a message, whereas now nothing changes to signal a new message is there.

jdseymour

I am sure someone knows the inbox solution. Seems it should be there. Should be in the templates. Do you use cloned templates per chance?

toddherrold

I figured out the solution to getting the "inbox" back into the user menu. check out the FAQ. I still can't get it to show the number of messages, but oh well.

Of greater concern is the the Private Message link (PM) does not show up in user profiles anymore, even though I have it enabled in the permissions. The only way to PM someone is to find one of their posts that has the link.

Is this a widespread issue or unique to my site. If the latter, any ideas how to track it down?

bluenova

Quote:
Of greater concern is the the Private Message link (PM) does not show up in user profiles anymore, even though I have it enabled in the permissions.

Have noticed this too. The link is not there.

You have to remember that the main objective for 2.2 was the core, I think the pm module will be developed a lot futher for 2.4

addicti1
  • 2005/7/28 18:06

• addicti1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 4

I installed PM. I have no PM box and now I have this $modversion['profile']['field'][1]['config'] = 0; $modversion['profile']['field'][1]['options'] = array(); ?> that shows up at the top of my profile pages.

toddherrold

the private message box shows up in the main menu. I re-hacked the user menu to show "inbox" like the previous system did. haven't seen that error message on profile pages.

Good luck. The user profile module is very buggy.

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits