chikenkicker
installing cbb bug

im trying to install cbb on my site but it wont install and it keeps saying this

Quote:
Table 'xoops_bb_archive' already exists

Unable to install newbb. Error(s):

can anyone help me?

davidl2
Re: installing cbb bug
  • 2005/7/15 21:35

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

What XOOPS & CBB version are you using?

chikenkicker

i was testing it on the new XOOPS 2.2 and it was cbb 1.13 it did work fine but then something happened and my module folder got deleted off the site so when i tried to re ad it or any of the newbb's or cbb's it wouldnt install

davidl2
  • 2005/7/15 21:40

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

The vanishing module folder sounds like an issue on your server... it could be possible that you've accidently relocated your folder perhaps?

If its something like this, the database will still expect CBB to be installed.. Have you got any data there yet?

chikenkicker

what do you mean? im still learning stuff with this type of thing, so i dont know what you mean, i've searched around and cant find cbb or newbb anywhere

phppp
  • 2005/7/15 21:58

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

If you have any newbb 1/2 or CBB installed, you should upload CBB 2.2 and update your newbb/cbb directly. Do not run "install"

If it is a fresh installation, you should not have such a message "Table 'xoops_bb_archive' already exists"

chikenkicker

but it has been a fresh install, and i did try cbb 2.2 i cant find any file that says xoops_bb_archive

phppp
  • 2005/7/15 22:12

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

If you are sure that you do not have newbb or cbb installed, just move all tables with prefix of "xoops_bb_" then install it

chikenkicker

ok i've searched everywhere and cant find anything xoops_bb_

jdseymour

xoops_bb are tables in your database. You will need to use something like phpmyadmin to connect to the database to remove (drop) them. If you were originally using CBB 1.13 just reupload the module to the modules directory, if the tables are in fact in the database it should work straight away with no problems or need to install.

Otherwise to start over connect to your database and remove all xoops_bb tables and reinstall the module.

HTH.

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits