Peekay
News 1.3 RC2 and Koivi view HTML problem.
  • 2005/7/1 14:56

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Koivi works fine in News 1.3 RC2, but click the 'HTML' checkbox to view the code and the view window shrinks to a tiny size. In IE and Firefox.

Is this fixed in the 'definitive' version, or is there a fix I can apply?
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

gediminasbyt
Re: News 1.3 RC2 and Koivi view HTML problem.

in \modules\system\admin\blocksadmin\blockform.php

replace
$textarea = new XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea(_AM_CONTENT'bcontent'$block['content'], 1570);

with
$textarea = new XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea(_AM_CONTENT'bcontent'$block['content'], '100%''400px');

Change pixels to the size you want to appear. Only problem I never did figure out how to save html, it never saves html code :bugger:

Anyone outhere who got this html box working?

Peekay
  • 2005/7/1 16:26

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Many thx gediminasbyt I'll go and try that.

How do you mean HTML is not saved.? You mean if you paste HTML into the editor it doesn't save the file?

Peekay
  • 2005/7/1 16:41

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

I tried that, but simply lost the 'Add New Block' section from the blocks page completely!

I'm not actually using Koivi for blocks, just News and SmartSection. I'll take a look at the SmartSection setup and see what's different.

gediminasbyt

Exactly. Kiovi editor adds its own formatting, if you try to paste script it just wont save code.

Process:

1.Tick html box
2.Paste code
3.Save
4.Error message: Please enter content

I have the problem with Google ads because it uses the script. Any possible way I tried to add it but no avail.

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client "pub-id";
google_ad_width 728;
google_ad_height 90;
google_ad_format "728x90_as";
google_ad_type "text_image";
google_ad_channel ="";
google_page_url document.location;
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript"

src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</
script>

Some users were saying that you have to tick html box several times, but this does not help. I just go directly to database and add the code myself.

gediminasbyt

Ooops sorry, I gave you the code if you had for your blocks enabled I'll look into it.

Peekay
  • 2005/7/1 17:54

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Thanks for drawing my attention to the HTML issue. I confess I had never tried it, but I have been telling potential users they can cut-n-paste HTML code! I can't check this now but I will later.

I know most WYSIWYG editors create slightly different code, but I would have hoped Koivi would accept basic HTML code input, or at least give you a 'raw code' editing option (so it behaves like the DHTML editor).

gediminasbyt

I should stay corrected. Simple html I manage to save, but I would have thought this html box is to save in "raw" format which simply does not work in all situations as I explained above when I tried to paste the script.

The only debugger phperror I do get when I try to preview this script.

"); win.focus(); win.document.close(); //-->

Sorry Peekay for pointing you to the wrong place. I have made Koivi as my default editor in one site therefore it did work for me, but I'm not sure where to fix for Smartsection and News. Indeed I just noticed the same problem on my site. Just never had to paste any html yet into my News page. Now this bugs me as well.

Peekay
  • 2005/7/3 12:56

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

It appears Koivi runs 'raw' HTML code through a filter to make it XHTML compliant. There do appear to be some issues. I discovered that:

1) It strips out non-breaking space codes

1) It strips out HTML comments, however they are replaced with the word 'undefined'.

2) You cannot add a JavaScript on it's own. It has to be preceded by some regular HTML. So
<script language="JavaScript">
resetDynamicFields();
</
script>

doesn't work. However,

<p>Here's a script</p>
<script language="JavaScript">
resetDynamicFields();
</script>

does work.

Unfortunately, the preceding code needs to be a character (use a non-breaking space and it doesn't work - because the filter removes it!). However, you can hide it. I used a full-stop in this example:
<p style="display: none;">.</p>
<
script language="JavaScript">
resetDynamicFields();
</
script>

This needs addressing really, (I'll post in module troubleshooting) but in the meantime, you could remove the comment tags from your Google script and try the above workaround.

Peekay
  • 2005/7/3 14:45

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Tiny HTML edit box problem solved.

In modules/news/include/storyform.inc.php
Around line 80, replace:

$editor=news_getWysiwygForm(_NW_THESCOOP'hometext'$hometext1560'hometext_hidden');

with

$editor=news_getWysiwygForm(_NW_THESCOOP'hometext'$hometext'100%''300px''hometext_hidden');

Around line 87, replace

$editor2=news_getWysiwygForm(_AM_EXTEXT'bodytext'$bodytext1560'bodytext_hidden');

with

$editor2=news_getWysiwygForm(_AM_EXTEXT'bodytext'$bodytext'100%''300px''bodytext_hidden');

Login

Who's Online

249 user(s) are online (183 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 249

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits