amayer
Commercial development
  • 2005/6/26 23:16

• amayer

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/18

Hi there,

Would it be possible to have a forum for commercial development, were people could post RFQ's or similar for commercial projects?

I suggest two areas:

- A place for commercial projects looking for developers
- A place for developers to advertise their services to companies

If there is such a place already for XOOPS work, please let me know.

Thanks,

Andy

marcan
Re: Commercial development
  • 2005/6/27 1:48

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Hi amayer,

I'm not sure there currently is something like that but some XOOPS developers are doing commercial projects :

Herko said :Quote:
John_N, Mithrandir, Skalpa, Marcan, hyperpod, Ackbarr/ejuden/ajuden, jegelstaff, all these, and perhaps more, can provide paid development services for you. Contact them about your requirements

As stated above , I'm doing commercial projects via InBox Solutions, a company that specializes in open source web solutions.

Feel free to contact us for more infos.

Cheers !
.:: marcan (aka mal aka Marc-André) ::.
.:: Open Source :: The SmartFactory ::.
.:: XOOPS Professional Services :: INBOX International ::.

amayer
  • 2005/6/27 2:59

• amayer

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi Marcan,

Quote:

I'm not sure there currently is something like that but some XOOPS developers are doing commercial projects ...

I know there isn't something like that... that's why this is posted in the "Feature Request" forum!

A "commercial only" area of the site would also help remove the common misconception that xoops.org is only about non-commercial work - which would be a step forward IMHO.

Anyhow I just found this posted in the FAQ over six months ago:

Quote:

Currently, the best way to identify XOOPS users who may offer contractual services is by checking and visiting links displayed in the signature lines in posts. There are future plans to list these services in a separate section on the site.

Does anybody know anything about such "future plans"?

Andy

Mithrandir

Quote:
Does anybody know anything about such "future plans"?

Only that they have not been made yet. There has been talk about a scriptlance-like module and a bit more, but nothing has come out of it.

If you want to run with the idea (find out what is needed and how it can be accomplished), we are certainly listening.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

amayer
  • 2005/6/27 8:15

• amayer

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks for the reply Mith.

Quote:

If you want to run with the idea (find out what is needed and how it can be accomplished), we are certainly listening.

I wish I could, but I don't have time (hence the need to find developers!) I'll probably end up just putting RFQ's on my own website for the time being.

Andy

Login

Who's Online

261 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 261

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits