Mithrandir
Re: 2.1 Debug Party

Quote:
Why not increment this field by default with admin email set @ install (if it's easy).

It should be.

I think I just found out why it isn't set on installation and have fixed that, I hope.

It will stay in the general settings because of backwards compatibility, though. $xoopsConfig['adminmail'] may be used in places, we cannot anticipate and moving it to another category (which is not included in $xoopsConfig, since $xoopsConfig is only the general settings) would probably break some code.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Marco
  • 2005/6/27 18:22

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

hy,

On 26 June version (just downloaded), with CBB 1.14 and news 1.3.1

When I add a user (and forgot to enter a password)
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _PROFILE_MA_NOPASSWORD - assumed '_PROFILE_MA_NOPASSWORD' in file modules/profile/admin/user.php line 107

As I'm at this page : modules/profile/userinfo.php?uid=1
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MD_POSTEDON already defined in file modules/news/language/english/main.php line 88

As I'm at this page : modules/news/
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MD_POSTEDON already defined in file modules/newbb/language/english/main.php line 48

Quote:

Quote:

Why not increment this field by default with admin email set @ install (if it's easy).

It should be.

I think I just found out why it isn't set on installation and have fixed that, I hope.

it still doesn't work-->Perhaps (surely) because I did not make a news install, but only reapply the whole package and then refresh system module

marco
Do synergy or die.

Mithrandir

_PROFILE_MA_NOPASSWORD I will fix (thanks)

The others are because News and Newbb both have a constant with the same name.

Quote:
I did not make a news install

Yeah - I did not change it so that it would overwrite what you had there. Just that it would actually put it in during (fresh) installation.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Marco
  • 2005/6/28 20:22

• Marco

• Home away from home

Quote:

The others are because News and Newbb both have a constant with the same name.

and.... ?
you'll rename ?

and what about fooups comments ?
marco
Do synergy or die.

Mithrandir

Quote:
and.... ?
you'll rename ?

I shall forward it to phppp and Hervé

Quote:
what about fooups comments ?

I can't do much about environment-specific problems. Not that I don't want to, but with the information given, I have little to go by.

The only times, one will be directed to the "HTTP_REFERER blocked"-page is if the referer is empty or incorrect. I cannot tell, why this happens for Fooups.

If it is working on another installation, I don't know what is causing the problems here. I need more debug information...

Cusix Software

CeBepuH
  • 2005/6/30 0:56

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

Using the current nightly build (29 June). But instead of creating a new installation decided to try at as an upgrade from a 2.0 version. Decided to post the odds I'm seeing after the upgrade here:

1. On the register page the disclaimer is missing. And I had one turned on. Can't find it in the Prefrences too.

2. With the default theme comments look disturbing. The comText div overlaps the comUserdetails div. So only parts of the user block on the left of the comment can be seen.

3. Problems with the PM module:
3.1. When going to inbox in the PM module I don't see all of the messages that I should have there. Clicking on the PM that is at the top sends me to reading the actual first message which should have appeared there and the link to which appears somewhere lower.
3.2. Messages in Inbox and Outbox are sorted rather strange. Not by date, username or subject. Could be somehow connected with problem 3.1.
3.3. On the Lookup User search box it states: 'Search By Username'. A bit misleading as the search is performed by Real Name.
3.4. Messages received from users that have not filled in their Real names appear as received from Anonymous. Can't send a PM or reply to those.
3.5. All links to user profiles everywhere in the module are broken. Those point tohttp://myxoopsinstalation/modules/pm/userinfo.php?uid= instead ofhttp://myxoopsinstalation/userinfo.php?uid=
3.6. When trying to send a PM I'm returned the following: 'Error: None'.
3.7. I have quite a lot of messages in Outbox. The messages that were sent before the upgrade. What will happen if I delete one? Will I delete it from the Inbox of the user who has received it? Just wondering. Havent tried it yet.
3.8. In outbox instead of showing to who the message is it shows from whom is. Both when looking at all messages or reading a particular sent message.
3.9. When reading a sent message the breadcrumb above it shows 'Profile »» Inbox »» subject of message' instead 'Profile »» Outbox »» subject of message'.

4. Userinfo page:
4.1. The field which should contain PM link is empty. I have given right group permissions.
4.2. Using the default theme the block with the all the userinfo is positioned left instead of centered. Just looks a bit... strange.
4.3. The link that is entered in the Website field appears as a text and not as a link.
4.4. I think that it is more logical for the Signature field to appear below all other fields.
Humans need fantasy to be humans. To be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape.

Marco
  • 2005/6/30 18:23

• Marco

• Home away from home

I got some feedback from french users and added mines :
- I know there is a clickable logo, but why not making "Go to Home" more visible ?
- There is a lack of Clear Cache fonctionnality. You still have to nabigate through admin in settinfs to clear cache. There is a lack of One shot clear cache, like one shot go to Homepage !

well, a sense of ergonomy
Do synergy or die.

Mithrandir

Thanks to both of you - I'll try to answer them in turn:

CeBe:
1. On the register page the disclaimer is missing - Check Preferences->Profile->General Settings. I'll check as well to see if it is a glitch.

2. With the default theme comments look disturbing - Yes, I noticed yesterday a problem with this and corrected most of it.

3. Problems with the PM module - Note that the PM module is far from finished. Hyperpod is working on this part outside of CVS and I hope to see something within a few days.

3.1. see 3.
3.2. see 3.
3.3. On the Lookup User search box it states: 'Search By Username' - I'll change that to "search by name"
3.4. users that have not filled in their Real names - Hmmm. the upgrade should have filled the Real Name property with the username for those that have nothing in Real Name
3.5. All links to user profiles everywhere in the module are broken - see 3.
3.6. When trying to send a PM I'm returned the following: 'Error: None' - see 3. or if you are anxious to know why, try enabling MySQL debug and look for red queries
3.7. I have quite a lot of messages in Outbox - When you delete a message in the inbox, it is only marked "deleted by receiver". Likewise, when a message is deleted from the outbox, it is marked "deleted by sender". When a message is both "deleted by receiver" and "deleted by sender" it will be deleted. How this works with the prune feature is still to be worked out completely.
3.8. In outbox instead of showing to who the message is it shows from whom is - see 3.
3.9. breadcrumb above it shows 'Profile »» Inbox »» subject of message' - see 3.

4. Userinfo page:
4.1. The field which should contain PM link is empty - will investigate
4.2. Using the default theme the block with the all the userinfo is positioned left instead of centered. Just looks a bit... strange - make another profile category (and put some fields into it) and you'll see the reason for this
4.3. The link that is entered in the Website field appears as a text and not as a link - will see what I can do about that
4.4. I think that it is more logical for the Signature field to appear below all other fields - perhaps, but since it is a 100% dynamically generated field, I can't really make distinctions between fields. It would be possible with some custom template modifications of the profile_userinfo.html template (which I expect will be used a lot by webmasters in the future)

@ Marco:
- I know there is a clickable logo, but why not making "Go to Home" more visible - like what? I'm open for suggestions

- There is a lack of Clear Cache functionality - Not a bad idea. Will look at it.

Cusix Software

Marco
  • 2005/6/30 18:54

• Marco

• Home away from home

Quote:

@ Marco:
- I know there is a clickable logo, but why not making "Go to Home" more visible - like what? I'm open for suggestions

like in previous version, in top toolbar !

Quote:

- There is a lack of Clear Cache functionality - Not a bad idea. Will look at it.

this fucntionnality exists in admi, but where could we bring it ?
marco
Do synergy or die.

Marco
  • 2005/7/1 18:38

• Marco

• Home away from home

let's go further !
Lasts result from our team building ( Alain01 and me, XOOPS France team)

1/ Find user functionnality
module--->administration ---> system ---> find user
enter admin login and validate
Result : PM Column --> PM icon does't display correctly

2/ Find user II
As you click on this nondisplayed icon, and send a PM --->> Errors
None

Alain01 reported me he has a
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/html/ldmstest/xoops210/class/theme.php on line 256

3/ Find user III
Why "find user" can't be found through admin tool bar ?

4/ Extended profile module need to be installed ?...
to use registration facicilies and settings
Should we autoinstall it at XOOPS install, with system module ? to prevent questions @ XOOPS support ?

5/ PM Module
Just click in main menu on it,
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: uids in file modules/pm/viewpmsg.php line 78
Warning [PHP]: array_unique(): The argument should be an array in file modules/pm/viewpmsg.php line 78
Warning [PHP]: implode(): Bad arguments. in file modules/pm/viewpmsg.php line 78
+
icon display in message list inbox/outbox
it's looking for /modules/pm/images/download.gif

6/
Quote:

@ Marco:

like in previous version, in top toolbar !
[/quote]
with adding Home >> in "Preferences Main »» General Settings", for example ? COuld be great

alain & marco
Do synergy or die.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits