Marco
2.1 Debug Party
  • 2005/6/26 8:51

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Hy lovely core coders !

Here are some testing results made on Sunday morning 26, June on a fresh install (hope nightly build worked this night)

Installation
----------------
_MD_AM_OKINS undefined
virtual path warning

Playing with admin area
--------------------------------
*Private messaging / index --> blank page
* Preferences Main »» Mail Setup
."Method used to deliver mail. Default is "mail", use others only if that makes trouble." -->"Method used to deliver mail. Default is "Php() mail", use others only if that makes trouble."
. swap order of parameters for sendmail with smtp settings
, so it is displayed in same order than Mail delivery method
. _REMOVE is undefined
.Perhaps could be better to show uname/realname instead number (if possible)
*Preferences Main »» Meta Tags and Footer / Meta Author : no space to enter a value
*Extended Profile
.Could be great to add explanation about * : eg. * = required field
.If I make a field searchable through Extended profile admin, it does not appear in module Search function
.Could we group by default all instant messengers relative fields
.User creation doesn't work : Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: uname in file class/xoopsform/formselectuser.php line 113
. /modules/pm/viewpmsg.php : image does not display for 2nd column
* Preferences Main »» General Settings
admin email doesn't display

I'll continue by tests this sunday afternoon
marco
Do synergy or die.

Mithrandir
Re: 2.1 Debug Party

Fantastic, Marco. Thanks a lot for testing this.

Quote:

Installation
----------------
_MD_AM_OKINS undefined
virtual path warning

Language inclusion added. I'm not sure, what I will do about the virtual path warning - probably remove it altogether as I have little chance of spotting whether a relative url is correct or not.

Quote:

Playing with admin area
--------------------------------
*Private messaging / index --> blank page

This is intentionally blank - I have not yet anything to put in there

Quote:

* mail setup / from user field
. _REMOVE is undefined
.Perhpas could be better to show uname/realname instead number (if possible)

Yes, was a bug in the preferences and XoopsFormSelectUser class - fix0red

Quote:

*Preferences Main »» Meta Tags and Footer / Meta Author : no space to enter a value

Correct - fixed

Quote:

*Extended Profile
.Could be great to add explanation about * : eg. * = required field

I'll see what I can do

Quote:

.If I make a field searchable through Extended profile admin, it does not appear in module Search function
.Could we group by default all instant messengers relative fields
.User creation doesn't work : Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: uname in file class/xoopsform/formselectuser.php line 113

Searching through fields is done in modules/profile/search.php like in the xoopsmembers module.

Grouping fields by default is something I tried at first, but found to be very cumbersome. Therefore, one has to manually configure the categorisation of fields.

There was a bug in user creation, right enough - fixed.

Quote:

. /modules/pm/viewpmsg.php : image does not display for 2nd column

Correct - fixed.

When I say "fixed", I naturally mean that I have committed it to CVS.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Marco
  • 2005/6/26 9:18

• Marco

• Home away from home

more and more

."Method used to deliver mail. Default is "mail", use others only if that makes trouble." -->"Method used to deliver mail. Default is "Php() mail", use others only if that makes trouble." --> this one to prevent questions on XOOPS support sites !

thanks for your reactivity
Do synergy or die.

Mithrandir

Quote:

Does for me

Quote:

."Method used to deliver mail. Default is "mail", use others only if that makes trouble." -->"Method used to deliver mail. Default is "Php() mail", use others only if that makes trouble." --> this one to prevent questions on XOOPS support sites !

Description re-phrased
Orders swapped
SMTP Host input field changed a little and description improved.

Committed to CVS
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Marco
  • 2005/6/26 9:40

• Marco

• Home away from home

Quote:

Quote:

Searching through fields is done in modules/profile/search.php like in the xoopsmembers module.

yes, but if I activate in /modules/Profile for an "extended Profiles field" setting "Searchable by these groups" for right group, this setting doesn't change criteria for search in /modules/profile/search.php: you can only search through Reak name /email fields...
marco
Do synergy or die.

Mithrandir

Hmmm - works fine for me.

Cusix Software

fooups
  • 2005/6/26 10:08

• fooups

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/12

Hi everybody. I'm joining to Marco to give you some feedback about tests I've made with a local Mac environment.

First of all, just know that I use two kinds of local environment: PHP4 and MySQL4 installated around the Apache server installed by Apple, and a MAMP environment.

The MAMP server is perhaps the easiest way to use Xoops, since it does not require to "play" with the Terminal application to install Apache, MySQL, etc. In addition to this "download and play" feeling, it can very easily switch from PHP4 to PHP5 by just clicking on a single button. So I recommend using this program for Mac users newbies. But I have a problem with Xoops2.1 (latest available download at the time of writing this post). XOOPS always redirects me to the "firewall problem page" (I mean the "Why am I being redirected here?" page, even if my firewall is turned off.

This problem doesn't happen in the other environment, despite the fact I'm using the same browser with the same parameters.

In this environment, if I switch to the "x2t" theme, I not only cannot go back but, there's no button to go back to the admin, but XOOPS doesn't want me to go to the admin panel if I try by typing the correct adress (xoops/admin.php) in my navigation bar.

And last, but not the least: I cannot manage blocks. (No message in the PHP debugger).

Cheers and Happy Xoopsing... until I come back with more feedback.

Marco
  • 2005/6/26 10:11

• Marco

• Home away from home

Quote:

Hmmm - works fine for me.

ok, I've found new permissions settings :"searchable for these groups" ! Sorry, works like a charm
Some undeifined constant in seach Profil function :
. Comments Display Mode : all variables (_flat, _nested, _threaded)
. Comments Sort Order: same Newest_first and oldest_first
. "Receive occasional email notices <br />from administrators and moderators?" some mistake with display ("br" one)

Quote:

Quote:

Does for me

I confirm it doesn't work for me. Should it display email I enter at XOOPS installation ? Or should I enter it ?
What is its purpose ?

Now i'll add CBB/News and will do some tests on them.
marco
Do synergy or die.

Mithrandir

Quote:

Some undeifined constant in seach Profil function :
. Comments Display Mode : all variables (_flat, _nested, _threaded)
. Comments Sort Order: same Newest_first and oldest_first
. "Receive occasional email notices <br />from administrators and moderators?" some mistake with display ("br" one)

The display mode and sort order are a little tricky as they are really language constants that should change with the selected language... but it is not easy.

I'll remove the <br /> in the email notice text by rephrasing it.

Quote:
I confirm it doesn't work for me. Should it display email I enter at XOOPS installation ? Or should I enter it ?
What is its purpose ?

Have you entered anything in it? It is the default email address that is used as contact address in mails sent by the system. It will also be the sender, if nothing is specified in Mail Settings

Cusix Software

Marco
  • 2005/6/26 10:54

• Marco

• Home away from home

Quote:

Have you entered anything in it? It is the default email address that is used as contact address in mails sent by the system. It will also be the sender, if nothing is specified in Mail Settings

now I remember (this setting is no longer changed in a website life !) !!!
I propose you to move this setting in proper place, e.g. in mail settings. We have several questions in support forums about contact module --> If we can easily prevent such questions...
Why not increment this field by default with admin email set @ install (if it's easy).

marco
Do synergy or die.

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits