amirfazwan
my guest can't register.............help me fast
  • 2005/6/16 2:39

• amirfazwan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/15

this is the problem...

You are now registered. However, we were unable to send the activation mail to your email account due to an internal error that had occurred on our server. We are sorry for the inconvenience, please send the webmaster an email notifying him/her of the situation.

and how can i change the form????

jdseymour
Re: my guest can't register.............help me fast

System Admin - Preferences - Mail Settings. Use the mail settings provided by your host.

amirfazwan
  • 2005/6/17 4:45

• amirfazwan

• Just popping in

can you tell more specific....i don't understand...

FROM address
FROM name
FROM user
Mail delivery method
Path to sendmail
SMTP host(s)
SMTPAuth username
SMTPAuth password

what are all this...

jdseymour

1. From Address - the e-mail address you would like the message to appear from (like admin@yoursite.com)

2. From Name - Your Name

3. From User - Your Username

4. Mail Delivery Method - the method XOOPS uses to send e-mails. I use "PHP mail()" for instance.

5. Sendmail path - the path to sendmail on your server (check with your host if you are not sure)

6. SMTP host(s) - address of your SMTP server (example "mail.yoursite.com" or "smtp.yoursite.com" check with your host if not sure.)

7. SMTPAuth username - the username for your sites webmail.

8. SMTPAuth password - the password for your sites webmail.

HTH.

amirfazwan
  • 2005/7/5 8:55

• amirfazwan

• Just popping in

why still can't register........

jdseymour

You may need to check with your hosts. Some host, Yahoo I know from experience, make it difficult to set up mail. I think this is because they are afraid that the site will spam. Get them to help you with the setup. You pay for it.

tornup
  • 2006/4/21 12:55

• tornup

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/18

I have tried these suggestions and I still get the same message when I register a new user.

jensclas

I am bumping this for you nina...for the potential helper - and john......we have already sent Nina to this thread which was the best I could find on a search.

Nina has these versions:
Quote:
I am using:I am using:
Apache2
PHP4
MySQL4
Win 2000 Server

Any other ideas?
Nina - what is your XOOPS version?

msdana
  • 2006/4/21 23:19

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Nina,

I will start by saying this is not the only problem you will encounter using a Windows Server. I am on a Windows Server and I can say that I have become quite knowledgeable about what the Windows Servers will and will not handle.

As for your mail settings, I had a similiar problem when first using Xoops, but I found out the following settings in the pic work fine. You just need to know your SMTP host (mail host), username and password.

Resized Image

I host several XOOPS sites on a Windows Server and they all use this setting with little problems.

Please keep in mind that this particular problem is NOT a XOOPS bug, but a general Windows IIS issue. I have trouble running PHP applications as well, but with the help of Google and my web host, I can run most applications with a little tweaking.

HTH!

Dana
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits